Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone think about starting an "Element Wave". You know, the way that Jeep drivers do when they pass each other? Well, if any car's drivers ever deserved a unique salutation, it's the Element. I guess it doesn't have to be something specific (that would kind of go against the whole spirit of the vehicle, no?) just something we could all use to acknowledge each other. :D

·
Registered
894 Posts
Make it two votes, dude.

Iskie

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'll 3rd that! Actually, that is what instantly popped into my head at the first mention of it. It kind of brings back that old 60's/70's free spirit feeling...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually like the suggestion over on hondalelement.org:

3 fingers extended to form an "E"

Cool
but the"shaka" is a close second!

·
Registered
352 Posts
The shaka I can live with. The 3 fingers might get one shot on the wrong side of town (i.e. could be a "gang sign").

·
Registered
894 Posts
The three fingers is commonly used when people say, "Read between the lines!".

Iskie

·
Registered
52 Posts
I passed my first E on the road and instead of shooting the shaka (with a nice little head bob), I got so excited I frantically waved and made a high pitched "eecking" sound.

I would have felt like such a goober, but the other driver did the same thing. We are like sooooo uncool in Tulsa.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been waiting as patiently as possible for my new E, due mid-March. Still in my Subaru Forester, but today on the way to work I passed an E coming in the other direction.

I gave him the "Shaka", but just got a strange look in response. Of course, I get many strange looks regardless of what hand gesture I give. Maybe it's me.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Oh my God. A special wave?

If I'm ever rolling and see some 38 yo fat chick shaking her pudgy digits at me from an Element, I'm gonna puke.

Like anything else, looks like people can make anything cool uncool given a long enough timeline.

When the soccer moms start referring to their "Es" and flashing shakas to their PTO friends, the Element takes a fast downward spiral from "Element" to "E-Lame-ment."

This car is too cool for that. It deserves better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ooops, sorry.

Tigernumber6 does have a good point (buried in there somewhere).

I just bought a GG 4WD EX. I'm a 35 year-old female living in LA and would hate to see such a hip little truck turn into something embarrassing to be seen in due to the corny behavior of its fanbase.

Bonheadz makes a good point too, though. Those of us who don't like it can refrain (what are the real chances of it catching on anyway).

BTW, I have two friends that own Escapes (yuk) and have been calling them "Es" for a long time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I didn't mean anything mean. Wave all you want.

Just thought I'd pose an opposing view. Saw that done a few times on this group and thought is was welcome.

Really good comparison by the way. Element owners and motorcycle gang members. Definitely apples to apples.

Sorry to anyone I made mad.

·
Registered
335 Posts
WOW, we went from waving our hands to shaking our fists in an awful hurry :!: You can wave, shaka, peace sign, thumbs up, point, nod, smile - do what ya wanna do, it's your thang...

·
Registered
52 Posts
tigernumber6,

Just curious.... was there any sort of "wave" for the very cool older model Saturn owners in Detroit.

Please advise.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts