Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The VA / NC dearlerships are getting in Elements in large numbers now. Before, when I checked the dealerships they had two each. Now, one has 13 and the other has 15. Honda is delivering...

·
Registered
249 Posts
I was also told by my salesman, when checking on delivery of my EL that now the holidays are over, Honda has kicked up production.
Pretty soon these delivery problems will be a bad dream.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was talking to a friend of a friend...who is a honda salesman...just about 30 minutes ago. He said that his dealership is to get 20 Elements before the end of this month (February). Hmmm, I wonder if that will allow me to get some more negotiation room on the price? As it is now, there is never more than 3 Elements at this areas biggest dealer. I'm in Orlando.
I look forward to see these guys in big numbers. The last car that I felt so enthusiastic about was the original beetle.
I'm checking out an Orange this week....but will probably go for a green.

·
Registered
30 Posts
KELT36,

I'm in Orlando as well. I originally went thru the Costco referral program which directed me to C----n Honda. The salesman's inability to get Labor pricing for the accessories I wanted, blew the deal (a $23K+ sale lost because he could not provide an exact labor quote for work that ended up costing just $424).

Good NEWS, I took my Hondacars.com and C----n Honda price info to Courtesy Honda - Sanford. They met or beat the prices I provided and also gave me a fair trade-in price - got my ELEMENT within 1 1/2 weeks. Also their parts, and installation teams were extremely helpful, informative and courteous. If you check with them, I'd recommend salesmen Mike Rowe - not because he was the guy I closed the sale with but, whenever, I went in for status/questions he was available, helpful and professional.

Good Luck

·
Registered
22 Posts
Silver,

Hey...so you're in Orlando...great weather this time of year! cool.

So the labor prices were a big difference between the Honda.com site and the actual dealer's labor prices....Co**in had $85 per hour and crazy prices on accessories. On the other hand, they would go $500 under MSRP. So the rest is the $400 dealer fee, tax, tag and out the door.

So can Court*sy at least meet MSRP prices across the board on labor, accessories, and the actual car? I'm trying to make everyone go under MSRP if I'm to do business with them.
Putting on my own accessories isn't something I want to do, so I'll probably have them do the roof rack, and I'll take the rest of the accessories from a web site and have a body shop or somebody install them for a reasonable hourly rate.
What accessories did you get?
I'm thinking: surfboard straps, keyless entry, mudgaurds, door visor...on an EX.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Kelt36,

Court*sy said they would meet/beat any competitors prices. They met Co**in's prices including MSRP reduction ($300+). Also, they matched labor prices on Hondacars.com site. If you are buying a few accessories, I'd have them throw atleast one in for free including labor.

Good Luck and unless you already have a sales contact, l'd use Mike Rowe....I wish I had worked with him from the start...easy going and no sales BS.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yea HAAA!

Got the call today from my boy at the dealership......he gave me the VIN# today and said Wednesday or Thursday I'll tak'er home :D :D :D

I'm glad its almost over with. ( 7 weeks) I can't wait ! 8)

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
ibutchman: congrats congrats congrats, wanna see pix of you with your new long awaited arrival.

As far as the loads of Elements arriving that does seem to depend on where you are they still are slim pickin's in DE!

I have mine, but i check to see what is happening around me alot stilll.. my dealer only has 3 right now, silver in EX & DX and an EX in black. the other dealer.. humm just checked them and they do have a slew of them: total of 12, wow! So yeah ok they are picking up, we were seeing 1 maybe 2 a month for December & January!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hopefully that "E"lation will happen soon in Canada. the last word from the salesman was to the effect: "Well, we have 10 orders in with Honda Canada at the moment. We have to see what they give us for our February allotment."

Meanwhile, I am starting to think about returning the S-10 and renting something cheap and nasty while I wait for the "E". I am paying 13 cents a kilometre for overmilage now. It may well be cheaper to rent and work from home as much as possible.

Iskie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts