Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we are all "fired-up" about our new Element, I wanted to do the right thing and apply a proper coat of wax. After reading articles on detailing, I decided that a good, hard, paste wax was my preference. On previous vehicles, I have used KIT, or Turtlewax paste and was satisfied with the results. This time I decided on a Meguiar's product called "High-Tech Yellow Wax" from their Professional Line .

My impression upon starting the application, was that this wax was significantly harder than the other waxes I have used. It seemed to be easier to apply (and remove) since there was less tendency to apply it to thickly. I used a 15" flexible paint shield to keep the wax off the plastic panels.

I am very pleased with the results. After touching the hood, my daughter remarked that it felt like glass. It defintely beads-up the rainwater.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have been a Meguiar's user for over 12 years. I have tried everything else and it's the only stuff I use now. The High Tech Yellow Wax also comes in a VERY easy to use liquid. Check out this link:

http://www.imageentertainment.com/sol1.htm

This is a '96 Honda, 80,000 miles, original paint, Meguiar's from day one. Twice a year I do a full 3-stage job (polish, swirl remover, then wax) and then wax 1-2 more times a year at most. I store the car outside. Most people ask me where I got it painted and assume it's garaged.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts