Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making a formal introduction to The Great Pumpkin, which I purchased just last weekend. Lower mileage Es are a rarity in my neck of the woods, so a 175-mile road trip to Pittsburgh was the answer.

2009 EX AT AWD
Citrus Fire Metallic
106,000 mi
Tow Package and Roof Rack but, alas, no moonroof

She needs some minor cosmetic work, but is sound mechanically (accident-free, new tires/brakes, sway bar bushings, transmission flush at 60,000 mi, solid maintenance record)

To-Do List (Short-Term)
  • Replace back bumper cover, which has a 6" tear from when it got caught on a parking barrier
  • Refinish alloy wheels (salt corrosion from harsh PA winters)
  • Replace rear differential fluid
  • Replace spark plugs
  • Silicone seal front window (have the infamous chirping at 60 mph)
  • Clazzio seat covers
  • Full carpet from SCA (to reduce road noise)

To-Do List (Long-Term)
  • Side steps (I'm a shorty, so it's a bit awkward to get in/out if parked on an incline)
  • Interior trim changeout to copper (trying to decide between OEM trim package or custom paint from body shop)
  • Remote Start/Alarm System (Any recommendations?)
  • Refresh black exterior trim (Wipe New or 303)

To-Do List (Possible)
  • Black Brush Guard (depends on added weight)
  • Rear Light Guards
  • Door visors
  • Rear Spoiler (again, depends on weight)
  • Switch to SC Console (if I can find one without building from a million OEM parts :roll:)
  • Bluetooth set up

Any other known issues at 100,000 mi that I should ask my mechanic to be on the look for?

Any recommendations for smoothing out some interior plastic panel scratches in the back?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
you're right - finding an E with under 100K is rare, especially out here in CA.. got mine 2 weeks ago, used Mother's Back To Black on the plastic panels. Did an amazing job - they look brand new.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Nothing ever got off the ground as I had hoped. Possibly we could organize a Columbus/Cincinnati regional meet somewhere between Cincy and Columbus. Possibly in Jeffersonville or Wilmington Area or anywhere else in between. Not really familiar with the towns between Cincy & Columbus, so do not know if there would be a decent place to congregate in those towns.

Hi Bill. You're in my neck of the woods. Anything ever happen with an Ohio meetup? I'm in the Columbus area.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, looks like the brush guard is out. Previous thread search revealed no brush guards fit Es post-2008 (without some modification to the design that's beyond my skill set). My inner riot grrrl is pouting, but my pocketbook is much happier. At least the EOC crew saved me from a futile mod project.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nothing ever got off the ground as I had hoped. Possibly we could organize a Columbus/Cincinnati regional meet somewhere between Cincy and Columbus. Possibly in Jeffersonville or Wilmington Area or anywhere else in between. Not really familiar with the towns between Cincy & Columbus, so do not know if there would be a decent place to congregate in those towns.
I guess in Ohio, Es are more about practicality than community :?. Not much in Jeffersonville, other than the outlet mall. Lebanon (about 1/2 hour north of Cincy) is a cute little area, as is Delaware (about 20 minutes north of Columbus).

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Love the orange! That's my second favorite color for the Element (black is always my fave).
I'm surprised at the low interest in a Ohio meetup - there are tons of loyal Element owners in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hot damn, TwoGhosts. You just gave me an idea. I teach PR at a local university, so event planning is a specialty of mine. I may not know how to change a spark plug, but I can plan the heck out of a party. Check for a future post.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts