Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,097 Posts
Welcome aboard! You have come to the right place for all things Element!

Yes it's great to have all the different seating possibilities, and the relative ease by which it can be changed.

But, as shown in your picture, trying to sleep in the Element with just the seats folded flat can be a bit of an adventure! It's just too uneven and lumpy. : - (

I always wonder if the Honda marketing people who pitched it as such ever actually tried to sleep in an Element that way! : - )

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element EX
104 Posts
But, as shown in your picture, trying to sleep in the Element with just the seats folded flat can be a bit of an adventure! It's just too uneven and lumpy. : - ( I always wonder if the Honda marketing people who pitched it as such ever actually tried to sleep in an Element that way! : - )
I tried camping like this one night. It was so uncomfortable that in the middle of the night I flipped the seats back up and slept on the hard floor.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,097 Posts
I tried camping like this one night. It was so uncomfortable that in the middle of the night I flipped the seats back up and slept on the hard floor.
Yeah, I think your idea of lying on the hard floor would have been better! :)

There was a post on here recently, where the person said that with a foam mattress and a few strategically placed foam pieces, that it was OK on the folded flat seats. Maybe I'll try that next time; if there is a next time! :)

Being the world class cheapskate that I am, I just hate paying for a decent motel if I don't have to!

·
Registered
06 EX AWD Rallye Red
9 Posts
I was doing a last minute camping trip that turned into a much longer trip. I folded down the driver's and rear driver's side seats like that, and put down a inflatable single person backpacking pad to smooth out a few of the bumps. I slept comfortable and happy like that for 21 nights in a row.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts