Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a novel idea. Lets start a poll to see who is being kept in the dark the most or at least the longest. Bought on Feb. 2nd told that they could trade with other dealers. and maybe a week till arrival. bumped till the first week of March. bumped to the end of march. told April 6th pretty sure.told for sure april 23rd. now we are told he meant 23rd-30th :roll:

·
Registered
64 Posts
PS...I just called Honda Canada and asked what the production delay was on the Element...they said there wasn't one....this is the excuse we've been given by our sales rep...Apparantly the dealers have all the information by computer, they know when it hits the assembly floor, when it's half way done and when it's complete AND when it's on it's way...I have a call in to our rep... :shock:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I walked into Sterling Honda in Hamilton three weeks ago and bought my SOPY right away. They still have a Green Y and a SOP DX. The DX is really cool with a 5 speed, especially for $23000. If you go there ask for Gil and tell them Bob sent you.

The service there is great and they have stock. Halton Honda told me I would have to wait until June or July. I've been driving mine for three weeks now. :lol:

ERider

·
Registered
64 Posts
I went to Westdale High School (the jail looking thing) accross the street from that dealership! I wish I still lived in Hamilton, I totally would have bought it there! I know a couple sales people there and my dad worked there years and years ago...his is ALMOST runining the experience...GRRRRRR...bb

·
Registered
894 Posts
I also have had the long wait with similar stories from the dealership. To the credit, they did loan me a Honda Civic sedan between the period of my lease on my truck running out and the arrival of baby "Elsie". That has saved me a quite a bit of $$, so they will get considerably better marks on the post-sales review because of it.

Iskie

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well, as the SAGA continues...I called our dealership on Friday and spoke with the sales manager. and on Saturday morning, we got our VIN#...what a coincidence...now they say it'll be a 7-10 day wait. we'll see...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered my EBP E on April 8. I was told I'd have to wait till likely end of May for delivery.
I've since been told I have a build date of mid May. (No solid date).
And a eventual delivery date of late May. I don't think I trust that date though...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I inked the deal on my SOP "Y" 2wd 5spd on March 24. It will not hit the assembly line until June and I should see it by late June or early July!

They are just not producing enough for the Canadian market at the moment.

LQQK

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:cry: :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x :x
well..... we still don't have our "E" we were given the V.I.N. number and told we would have it this weekend. no dice. Doug (sales rep) has told us that he will provide us with a car for next weekend because we were planning a trip for Mothersday. I think that they should give us a loaner from now until we get our "E". Come may "24" if we dont have ours I want a loaner Element for our planned camping weekend. I also think I am close to asking for my deposit back and trying my luck later.
:roll:

·
Registered
894 Posts
The dealer says they have the VIN for me, but no "E" as of yet. I have again asked for a loaner - I can't walk to client sites! Hopefully they will get some idea of the delivery date tomorrow. Then we see how much longer I wait again.

Iskie

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well at least we aren't imagining these totally cool vehicles! THEY ACTUALLY DO EXIST! but whoever they're being delivered to, it isn't us!!

Jonathan B and I dropped by the Scarborough Transfer lot on Sunday (it's where the trains drop off the vehicles until they're loaded on trucks to be delivered to the dealerships, it's on the north/west corner of Finch & Marham Rd) and we saw, from a distance, at least 5 SOP Y pkgs (no sunroof was the dead give away) and one up close 5 SPEED! (couldn't see the VIN# otherwise we would have posted it)...don't know about you guys, but this is getting really frustrating!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hmmm.... I went to Sterling Honda on monday, and was told I'd have to wait possibly up to 3 months and was working a so-so deal. Called a sales rep at Mississauga Honda that had originally showed me the car and different story: much :D better deal, no problems being approved (first car purchase), and delivery the first week of June. He showed me their delivery schedule - and called today to let me know that it might be delivered a week earlier now.

Am I being naive - is this too good to be true??? :?:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I hope not....I really hope you get it the first week of june, but prepare yourself for a later date...i would anyways after going through this....

I just heard from the sales manager and they said that we could have it for the weekend.

Apparantly it's in the "compound" and they have asked for a rush delivery to their dealership. (I hope they don't drive it too fast...it needs to be broken in gently...)

We'll see.......just don't want anymore heartbreaks!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Be prepared to wait a little longer than what they originally state. There are may things that can delay a vehicle. This is what i'm told by my sales person at oakville honda. We were suppose to get our sop in the first week in april. The wait seems to be almost over. We should be getting it a few days.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey Old School...looks like your Element was in the same run as us and Iskie...

PS, I'll know tomorrow if we're getting our E this weekend or not....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Decided on Monday to buy one - called 5 dealers in Ottawa area and had no problem getting one (actually there were about 4 available with more arriving weekly) Bought it on Tuesday and am picking it up Saturday.
Also understand that various dealerships get various allotments based on dealer ratings. Colour options were very good - most were Y packages. Shoreline mist is not available in Canada - Silver is currently most popular in this area I was told.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Lizzie:

You are so lucky!!! Elements in the Southern Ontario area seem to be few and FAR between! And I think we all ordered the same colour, make and model on the same day...

Don't forget to wave!! We'll be drving thru Ottawa around June 23...any plans for an Element Event in Ottawa??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lizzie,

Just wondering who in Ottawa has them? :) I'm dealing with Dow Honda and I can't expect delivery of my Black Y w/4WD until the middle of June.

·
Registered
64 Posts
:D :lol: :wink: :D :D :D

After a LONG AND PAINFUL wait...she's at the dealership!!

They are going to do the PDE and hopefully have her ready for a Saturday morning Pick Up.

This has not been a fun wait at all, but now that the day has finally come, it's been well worth it!
We'll post a message on Sunday night after our maiden voyage!!

Don't forget to wave!!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts