Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I constantly amazed by the inovative solutions that appear in this forum. Here is my attempt at a contribution. I bought a Garmin i3 on ebay ($42), but did not want any type of mount that required drilling, was permanent, left a sucker mark or involved beanbags. I found several posts that came close, but after staring at the dashboard I decided to try to come up with something that used the slot below the radio. I took some scrap plastic, cut a strip, then using the Garmin sucker base as a template, cut a circle. Heated the strip with a heat gun and bent it until it fit into the slot, then opened the "legs" up so that they were slightly larger than the slot. Glued the two pieces together and sprayed it satin black. Glued on some of that "don't slide around on the shelf" stuff. Attached the Garmin using the sucker mount. Just pinch the legs slightly and push them into the slot - does not move around and is easily removed. Total working time was 30 minutes. Total cost was $0 if you don't count the cost of the whiskey. This could probably be used as a removable mount for any type of accessory and doubles as a table for the wee ones when not in use.

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Nice job. I used the air vent mount ,it is removable but it can be a pain.

·
Registered
510 Posts
The title makes me laugh... fantastic pic for the series... this is going to be a series isnt it?:grin:

also, Hows your reception there?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The title makes me laugh... fantastic pic for the series... this is going to be a series isnt it?:grin:

also, Hows your reception there?
Good Lord - Don't encourage me! You'll have me booted out of here.

To answer questions posed so far...

The reception is fine, but I am replacing the voice of that annoying woman ASAP.

Most types of whiskeys seem to work well, however the Feckin resulted in a real Feckin headache.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I am the instigator! lol

I usually go with the british chick voice. I call her naughty names when she says "recalculating"

·
Registered
164 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts