Honda Element Owners Club banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Tim Vance said:
We're going to check out prices to ship our E to Vegas, fly there, and drive home.
I'm already trying to figure out the best route to take from Long Island to Las Vegas... it all is around 2,500-2,600 miles... depending on speed anywhere from 36-42 hours of actual driving time. Only way to make this at all feasible is to drive it straight through with a co-driver. Back to back 20 hour days of being behind the wheel is rough, works better doing 5 hour shifts. then you can drive non-stop. :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Chief Has Been Element Owner
4,759 Posts
Are there train routes?

I know my grandparents sometimes put their car on a train and then ride the train from FL to VA.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I couldn't be more bumbed out right now!!!

:twisted: I soo really wanted to be there. I'm sorry to have missed you guys this year. Since I know well enough in advance, where next is going to be, I'll have my kennel fees paid so no pet sitter backing out or lack of funds to use as an excuse next year!!!! :rolleyes:

I hope all traveled safely and had a blast!!

E On!!

Kerri & Joe

·
EOC Rank: Granny Smith Apple
2,593 Posts
spdrcr5 said:
I'm already trying to figure out the best route to take from Long Island to Las Vegas... it all is around 2,500-2,600 miles... depending on speed anywhere from 36-42 hours of actual driving time. Only way to make this at all feasible is to drive it straight through with a co-driver. Back to back 20 hour days of being behind the wheel is rough, works better doing 5 hour shifts. then you can drive non-stop. :)
Maybe some car pooling would be in order.....?????

I wouldn't want to go it alone either..
Perhaps there are many from the east who would want to pool.
jurn

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
shanet70 said:
I can't believe I stumbled on this site tonight. I'm in St. Louis and just test drove my first Element today and I am hooked. Hope to pick it up early next week. Anyways, is there anything going on with the National event on Sunday? If not, that's cool, I'm sure I'll be posting quite a bit on this forum. Thanks, and welcome to St. Louis, sorry about the temp and humidity...:cool:

shane
Shane, Welcome to the EOC.

Apparently you are the third Shane here now. Cool, and I thought we had a rare name.

Shane

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
juliE said:
Just something to keep in mind for people not wanting to drive from the east coast, you can usually get good airfare rates to Vegas.....
Yes, I think we will be flying out to Vegas, just too far of a drive unless I take a couple weeks off work and make some interesting pitstops. the 960 miles we just drove was just about the limit for me.

I'll look dilligently for rental car companies that rent E's

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
lwclancers said:
Are there train routes?

I know my grandparents sometimes put their car on a train and then ride the train from FL to VA.
No, the only train route in the US that carries passenger vehicles with the owners in a sleeper car is the Amtrak run that goes between VA and FL. Nothing to the West or any other points in the country.

jurneez said:
Maybe some car pooling would be in order.....?????

I wouldn't want to go it alone either..
Perhaps there are many from the east who would want to pool.
jurn
All I want is one person to share the drive with. Talking with James (Genom) already. :) The drive can be done non-stop in around 36-40 hours... 5 hour driving shifts and sleeping when not driving. Or split it into 2 20 hour days of driving... I've driven to Phoenix doing this in the past.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
No way I am taking my E to Vegas. Would be cool but the drive to St Louis was killer. For the cost of gas we can get 2 airline tickets.

·
Registered
409 Posts
same here, no driving for this kid to vegas. At current gas prices it would cost like $750 for me to drive while a plane ticket costs $200 at the most.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ShaneS said:
Shane, Welcome to the EOC.

Apparently you are the third Shane here now. Cool, and I thought we had a rare name.

Shane

Thanks! I meet more and more "Shanes" than I ever could imagine...at least we spell ours right :-D

61 - 73 of 73 Posts