Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Interesting ! Can't wait to take one camping !

The EN-V .

One of the GM spokes people :

"But such functions would have to be optional, Wale says.
"We don't want to take the excitement out of driving," he said."

I can under stand that !! With it's blistering top speed, you'll need to Carrie extra underwear.

Dom

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
It's a Segway with a c0ckpit.

Don't forget the public transit aspect of non-US cities. This is what would be known here as a "station car" - just enough to get you between home and the train station, with another, possibly "public" pod-car, between the train station and the office (or shopping district).

This is what NEVs (neighborhood electric vehicles) were supposed to be 10 years ago, but price bloat killed the concept. They're doomed to repeat this scenario with the EN-V because there is no way this can be done for under $10K per unit. The absolute ceiling is $5K, or 1/3 of what a cheap econobox would run.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I am SOOOO glad to see that GM is putting my tax money which the government foolishly gave them billions of to good use doing retard things instead of superfluously spending it on developing and building something that works well and people will actually buy. Nice. And here I was just a few months ago thinking that the failed car makers are best allowed to die in their own excrement. Silly me.

Here's an idea, instead of the government foolishly spending my money, how about giving it all back to me? This way I'll at least get to decide what my money is foolishly spent on.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Okay, I admit it looks kinda neat...
But at that cost I'll go out and buy a Piagio Mp3 500 series. More range MUCH faster and still very cool looking.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Didn't Honda just unveil their version not too long ago that seats three. Oh, and Toyota had that fancy wheel chair thing from the movie Wall-E. I can see the desire in ultra compact cities in Europe and Asia but for the US it won't fly.

New Kia's are under 10K and seat 4 comfortably.

A true waste of tax dollars!!!! I suggest that the design team for this thing be forced to work for free for the rest of their lives picking up after all of our dogs! Couldn't they have worked a little harder on making a truly efficient IC engine instead of waste their time on this?

What is Dom doing up at 3 in the morning anyway??? Isn't it lights out at the retirement home after 11?

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a Segway with a c0ckpit.

with another, possibly "public" pod-car, between the train station and the office (or shopping district).

This is what NEVs (neighborhood electric vehicles) were supposed to be 10 years ago, but price bloat killed the concept.

Yes indeed ! However battery technology will have to take a leap to bring that to a reality. They would be unable to run for miles back and forth to peoples homes and the public transportation system for several hours a day as it stands now. This looks like a wasted effort to me. Hopefully, it's just a stepping stone in the development process.

Dom

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Obviously no one here's old enough to even remember Captain America...

I am !! I just saw him! 2 posts above this one!:grin:

Dom

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Sadly I am old enough and wonder how that thing would do in the snow. Does it come in all wheel drive??

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Sadly I am old enough and wonder how that thing would do in the snow. Does it come in all wheel drive??
From the way that rear end appears to be about a half inch from the ground, I'm wondering if the thing could work off of linoleum.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
With that ground clearance, it wouldn't last two feet on the streets here in the Boston area.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I think the guys on Top Gear already have stated that no vehicle could be considered "practical" for the everyday person unless it could handle a speedbump and a steep garage incline (I think the clearance has to be 4" or greater for it to qualify)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts