Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD
2,828 Posts
seems our sister group the ROC has the wrong idea about the element and could use a little schooling......
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32228&highlight=element
Based on that short thread, I think they have an accurate perception of the Element, but were disappointed that it doesn't live up to Honda's absurd characterization of it as a surf buggy.

If anyone needs an education, its Honda - on how to market a unique VEHICLE. Vehicles are for transportation; shots of them sitting empty in a studio aren't motivational, and don't demonstrate unique transportation capabilities.

Elements aren't dresses, get them off the catwalk and onto the road. Show real people using them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ridgeline vs Element

As a prior owner of a Ridgeline and present owner of an Element I have an educated view on the two. The Ridgeline was a great vehicle when viewed as a "small truck" that was "big enough to haul what I needed but not so big I got suckered into hauling everyone elses stuff". The Ridgeline had great features like the hidden storage area in the bed, the seats were very comfortable and the console storage was the best in any vehicle I have seen (I liked it so much I installed a Ridgeline console in my Element). THe Ridgeline was very disapointing in the area of gas mileage. On trips I was averaging 17mpg. I later found out I could have improved that if I would have limited my speed to between 65 and 75mph. I was traveling 85 to 90 mph with the flow of traffic and would have been run off the road at the slower speeds. I liked my Ridgeline and still recommend it to people.

As much as I liked the Ridgeline I love my Element!! Yes it would be nice to increase the gas mileage, I average around 24mpg with combined city and highway driving. Yes it would be nice to have some added features like seating for five, hidden storage like the Ridgeline (maybe in the spare tire area), more cross bars for the roof rack, and a storage console like the Ridgelines...scratch that I already took care of that one. The Ridgeline console sits over the e-brake and drives the mechanics at the dealership nuts when they try to move my Element and can't find the e-brake. Duh...open the console and there it is.

For now I am happy as an Element owner and glad to have owned a Ridgeline. I wish the Ridgeline owners the best and know all I have meet have seemed to be good people....BUT...Then there is the EOC family. EOC is a great group of supportive people with a common link that spans their differences and unites them for common goals.

Maybe the government should be reviewing some of these ideas!!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
"The Ridgeline was a great vehicle when viewed as a "small truck" that was "big enough to haul what I needed but not so big I got suckered into hauling everyone else's stuff".
That is by far the best description I have seen so far.

I'm still hoping to buy a Ridgline next fall so I can put the Isuzu out to pasture.
Then I'm defecting to the ROC...:shock:
j/k Can't get rid of me that easy.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have nothing but love for BOTH my Element and Ridgeline. I haven't done an actual comparison, but I believe the Element can hold more with the seats out than the Ridge. The E has the added benefit of it all being inside under cover. If I wanted to do that with the Ridgeline, I would have to fork out several hundreds of $$ to get a cover and then that would cut down on the ability to carry overly tall stuff.

I bought the E in 03 and was amazed at the room, handleing, speed (for a 4-banger anyway) and everything else. My son who drives it the most now immediately loved the sound system, but was a little hesitant on the style, but he chose it over my 98 Ram Quad Cab 1500 Lariat while in high school.

To each their own, I say and I hope they keep making both of them!!!

Merry Christmas all!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts