Honda Element Owners Club banner

SC Center Console: Modification or Standard Equipment?

• Modification: I installed the SC Center Console

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • Standard Equipment: Came with my SC

Votes: 40 20.6%
  • Contemplating this modification and installation

Votes: 99 51.0%
  • I like my current console: original or modified

Votes: 24 12.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In September '06, Grannysmuncher in his thread, "SC Console in '05 LX", asked the question, "...do you think it is possible"? Well, since then many adventurous E owners have contemplated this modification, while some of us have installed the SC Center Console. Lets find out if your SC Center Console was an installed modification, or came standard with your SC. Are you contemplating the installation? Also, to let others know that it can be done, post pic's. Here's mine:
Weekend Mods 008.jpg
Weekend Mods 014.jpg

·
Registered
612 Posts
SC consoles rule..

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Looks really good JSmOOth,,,,,looks as if you did bang up job,,,I still like being able to access the backseat without getting out of the vehicle.....but to each his own!!!!!!!!

Whatever happened to Grannysmuncher anyway???????

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great Job

Im thinking about doing this to my 08 EX. I was looking at one on ebay but it didnt come with the e-brake or e-brake mount. How hard was this to do?

Could this in anyway void a warranty? :-? I dont think that it would, but thought it would be good to ask

Nice install by the way, Looks Great! Good Job :smile:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im thinking about doing this to my 08 EX. I was looking at one on ebay but it didnt come with the e-brake or e-brake mount. How hard was this to do? Could this in anyway void a warranty? :-? I dont think that it would, but thought it would be good to ask. Nice install by the way, Looks Great! Good Job :smile:
I installed my console in May '07. Installing the console is not hard, but I found it to be time consuming. I do not think that it would void your warranty. Honda parts, if you know what I mean. Service folks at my local dealership thought the console came with the car...until I told them that I installed the console myself. They were impressed. While some installed the console in a few hours, I took my time and installed it over a period of two days. Wiring the aux/12v to the console took the most time. You will need the brake and brake mount bracket for this.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Here's mine, the nice thing is I have an 07 so on the 07 and newer all of the bolt holes are in the E so the only custom fabrication to do was for the e-brake rod length.:cool: Sorry it's a little dirty:oops:Got it for Christmas so I haven't had the weather to do the paint work on the interior I want to do. Drew:)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Well, I didn't vote on this yet but I hope here within the next few weeks to do so if the poll doesn't have a lock on it. I know there have been more than 3 members who have installed the SC console. I know Perfdata has done it and serveral others. In fact, I know at least 6 have done it.

I should have mine at my desk where I my work by Wednesday, I hope. I really appreciate all the technical info you and others have provided me JSM00th, either by snail mail or PM's and emails. I know everyone who has done this mod has had to increase the value of their Element as it looks so much better and it looks like it came from the factory with it already installed. You guys have shown Honda, again how it should have been.

I've said it many times now and I'll say it again, I can't wait to get mine and get it installed. I think all I need now to pick up is some 16g wire for my AUX/12V hook up for the box. Everything else is on hand, ready and waiting with the exception of the console.

PEace!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Where is the best place to buy the SC Console for an 2008 Element EX? Will the console for an 07 SC work? Will I have to go to a dealer to get all the parts? Or is there any one here that would like to sell one? :rolleyes:

I know I will also need the E-Brake and E-Brake Mount, Is there anything else that I should be aware of that I would need?

Also I have been looking at alot of the photos on here and Honda.com, but I cant quite tell for sure. Do you have to make any modifications to the dash, as in the part under the shifter, where the stock sub is located? Or does the SC console just sit up aginst the sub?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
There is a gent on ebay that converts SCs for handicap folks and has to remove the consoles. When you buy one from him you get everything you will need. The console from 07 and 08 are the same. Good luck in you hunt. Drew:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks Drew, I'll check it out. I looked on ebay once before, and I did find one, but it didnt come with the e-brake.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Hey Defender this is the guy who sells them complete just plug this # in on the ebay search 260206776702. Drew:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
LOL :) thats the guy who has the current auction that I was watching.

The one he has going right now doesn't come with the e-brake, but I'll keep watching for the next one.
At least I know who has them now. Thanks for the info.

This site is absolutely great, I can see me spending alot of time here :D

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
LOL :) thats the guy who has the current auction that I was watching.

The one he has going right now doesn't come with the e-brake, but I'll keep watching for the next one.
At least I know who has them now. Thanks for the info.

This site is absolutely great, I can see me spending alot of time here :D

Hey Defender, this is the same guy I just bought one from. I had been in talks with him for quite a while in getting one of these consoles and finally pulled the trigger on one. I know I had some things going on which prevented me from having it back when others first starting doing this mod but I told him what the deal was and he emailed me and told me he would have one for me when I was ready to order. I know each time I got on ebay and looked, I see one listed and then watch it go which was disappointing. I will say this, I watched the one I went for come and go off the board but was relisted quickly. They seem to always start off at $179 plus $79 for the shipping. I've noticed that the price comes down when the auction gets closer to coming to an end. Could be $169 for the unit and $69 for the shipping or a combination of the that with two, $179 and $69 for the ship. I know I ended up giving him $248 total which was a ten buck savings over some. I should have mine this week.

On another note, you profile list you being in Indiana. Where bouts are you and do you have any plans to attend the International Meet in June?

Peace!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
A Slight Hijack - FeedDemon:

I have found something that helps me see eBay auctions a lot better than the daily e-mails they send for a search.

1. Set up a search in eBay.
2. Load FeedDemon on your computer, it is a RSS reader and it's free and works great.
3. Go to the bottom of the search, find the RSS icon and subscribe. All new postings will be sent to your computer within minutes of being posted, especially handy for Buy It Now offers.

I have removed all of the daily mailings (eBay and many others) to keep my mailbox clean and I get a pop-up when a new auction item is listed. Click on the listing and it opens the eBay page.

Now the SC console:

As for the SC console, still my favorite mod. I did not hook up the aux (no need) or the 12v (later) so it took we 2 to 2 1/2 hours total. I have to pull the console to install the box that send the signal from my iPod to my Pioneer head unit and adjust out the e-brake, I didn't get it tight enough, I'll do then.

Also, South Coast Accessories will make a custom set of carpets for the SC center console set-up with the correct backing for the rubberized floor. It's a one-off job that Jerry will walk through production, as I recall no extra charge for this. I have not pulled the trigger on this yet.

The only thing with the guy out of Michigan; he put all of the parts in the center console box without bubble wrap, scratched it up pretty good. Ask him to bubble wrap the items, he may already be doing this based on feedback. The console wasn't wrapped either which resulted in needing to clean the cardboard dust out of the sides, not a big deal.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Defender, this is the same guy I just bought one from. I had been in talks with him for quite a while in getting one of these consoles and finally pulled the trigger on one. I know I had some things going on which prevented me from having it back when others first starting doing this mod but I told him what the deal was and he emailed me and told me he would have one for me when I was ready to order. I know each time I got on ebay and looked, I see one listed and then watch it go which was disappointing. I will say this, I watched the one I went for come and go off the board but was relisted quickly. They seem to always start off at $179 plus $79 for the shipping. I've noticed that the price comes down when the auction gets closer to coming to an end. Could be $169 for the unit and $69 for the shipping or a combination of the that with two, $179 and $69 for the ship. I know I ended up giving him $248 total which was a ten buck savings over some. I should have mine this week.

On another note, you profile list you being in Indiana. Where bouts are you and do you have any plans to attend the International Meet in June?

Peace!
Sounds Great! I'll wait until he has one with the e-brake & mount. Looks like most of the people that has done this mod, has gotten their console from him.

I live in Crawfordsville Indiana (about 1 hour west of Indianapolis) I haven't heard about the International Meet, might look into it. Just depends on what going on at the time, (I have an inventory in June where I work, not sure what day though) have to wait and see when June gets closer.

Thanks for the Info!

·
Registered
39 Posts
A Slight Hijack - FeedDemon:

I have found something that helps me see eBay auctions a lot better than the daily e-mails they send for a search.

1. Set up a search in eBay.
2. Load FeedDemon on your computer, it is a RSS reader and it's free and works great.
3. Go to the bottom of the search, find the RSS icon and subscribe. All new postings will be sent to your computer within minutes of being posted, especially handy for Buy It Now offers.

I have removed all of the daily mailings (eBay and many others) to keep my mailbox clean and I get a pop-up when a new auction item is listed. Click on the listing and it opens the eBay page.

Now the SC console:

As for the SC console, still my favorite mod. I did not hook up the aux (no need) or the 12v (later) so it took we 2 to 2 1/2 hours total. I have to pull the console to install the box that send the signal from my iPod to my Pioneer head unit and adjust out the e-brake, I didn't get it tight enough, I'll do then.

Also, South Coast Accessories will make a custom set of carpets for the SC center console set-up with the correct backing for the rubberized floor. It's a one-off job that Jerry will walk through production, as I recall no extra charge for this. I have not pulled the trigger on this yet.

The only thing with the guy out of Michigan; he put all of the parts in the center console box without bubble wrap, scratched it up pretty good. Ask him to bubble wrap the items, he may already be doing this based on feedback. The console wasn't wrapped either which resulted in needing to clean the cardboard dust out of the sides, not a big deal.
On the e-brake, from what I have heard, you just need a threaded rod to extend it so it will reach? Haven't taken mine apart yet, have to look into that.

Yeah I have heard that he put the e-brake and other stuff inside it. I will ask him to bubble wrap it all. Good to know ahead of time :)

Great info for the ebay search, I'll have to setup the program and try it out.

Thanks for the Info!

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Sounds Great! I'll wait until he has one with the e-brake & mount. Looks like most of the people that has done this mod, has gotten their console from him.

I live in Crawfordsville Indiana (about 1 hour west of Indianapolis) I haven't heard about the International Meet, might look into it. Just depends on what going on at the time, (I have an inventory in June where I work, not sure what day though) have to wait and see when June gets closer.

Thanks for the Info!

Yea, when I was stationed at the Lafayett post for the state police I had an occasion to go to C'ville. Haven't been there in a while. All the ones that this guy ships out have the ebrake. They come with everything you need to install in your Element and he post those pics of all items. I have seen some with just the box but you want to deal with this guy. I think he has a user name of doodles or something like that but his actual name is Roger Case.

On the meet, Like I said, it's this June in Marysville, OH and Guinness Book of World Records is going to be there to see if we can set a record on having Elements there or at least Honda owners at one place for an event. There will be a tour where the E is made in the Honda plant like before in'05 if I'm not mistaken, prize giveaways, and the whole deal. If you can, be there. I'm leaving early on Friday morning from Indy to get there, coming back on Sunday, staying at the Team hotel which is the Embassy Suites in Dublin, OH. Be there and be Square!

Peace!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yea, when I was stationed at the Lafayett post for the state police I had an occasion to go to C'ville. Haven't been there in a while. All the ones that this guy ships out have the ebrake. They come with everything you need to install in your Element and he post those pics of all items. I have seen some with just the box but you want to deal with this guy. I think he has a user name of doodles or something like that but his actual name is Roger Case.

On the meet, Like I said, it's this June in Marysville, OH and Guinness Book of World Records is going to be there to see if we can set a record on having Elements there or at least Honda owners at one place for an event. There will be a tour where the E is made in the Honda plant like before in'05 if I'm not mistaken, prize giveaways, and the whole deal. If you can, be there. I'm leaving early on Friday morning from Indy to get there, coming back on Sunday, staying at the Team hotel which is the Embassy Suites in Dublin, OH. Be there and be Square!

Peace!

The console that he has on ebay right now, at the last line of the text it said that didn't come with the e-brake. I asked him if he had one which did have the e-brake and mount, but haven't heard back from him yet.

Have to keep the meet in mind. I would like to go, have to wait and see when the time comes.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
The one that I just got and is on it's way

I did a copy of the "MY EBAY WATCH" for this console that I just ordered from the doodles in Michigan. It listed everything you needed to install it in your Element. Subwoofer, e-brake, cup holder and the console itself. Can't imagine not getting this with the unit and he did email and tell me that the e-brake and other looose items would be wrapped and placed inside the console. So there you have it. I've seen a couple of others on ebay within the past few days not by doodles. In fact, one was by a guy who said he had it installed in his Element but I guess he had taken it out. He even referred to the EOC on getting instructions on installing it or you could contact him for assistance. I wanted to contact him and ask why he removed it.

Title:HONDA ELEMENT CENTER CONSOLE - SUBWOOFER - CUP HOLDER Condition:Used

Description (revised)

HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO UPDATE YOUR 2007 AND OLDER HONDA TO THE NEW LOOK FOR 2008. THESE PARTS ARE FROM A 2008 HONDA ELEMENT SC - A CENTER CONSOLE WITH SUBWOOFER - EMERGENCY BRAKE YOU WILL BE AMAZED WHAT YOUR VEHICLE WILL LOOK AND SOUND LIKE. WOW FACTOR THE TOTAL PACKAGE IF PURCHASED FROM THE HONDA DEALER TO DO THIS WOULD BE OVER $1,000.00 TO BUY. GOOD LUCK BIDDING

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I'm gonna do this eventually, maybe this summer. I have such grand plans...:D

Besides the wheels the console is the only other SC part I really care to have.
I think instead of going the wet okole route (really nice by the way but I don't like the way neoprene pills) I'll probably just get some LX seat covers for the fronts.

1 - 20 of 247 Posts