Honda Element Owners Club banner

SC Center Console: Modification or Standard Equipment?

• Modification: I installed the SC Center Console

Votes: 31 15.9%
  • Standard Equipment: Came with my SC

Votes: 40 20.5%
  • Contemplating this modification and installation

Votes: 100 51.3%
  • I like my current console: original or modified

Votes: 24 12.3%

• Total voters
201 - 220 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I have a 07 so I had the threaded holes in my floor the earlier Es didn't and most folks don't use that bracket. Drew:)

·
Registered
359 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
What happens to the factory Sub when you do this mod. :confused:

Does it just go away or is there a new spot for it?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
It's still the same sub but it has a different cover. Drew:smile:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for the input

I have the install complete. Here's my $.02.
Would i do it again? Last night i thought, no. To tell you the truth now that i have been through it i could probably swing it in half the time. I made a few wire cut mistakes that i had to solder back together near the plugs base. I am finding a little whine in the sound from the consoles plug for my Ipod but everything works. I never used the extra wire that doesn't get used from the harness in the Console but maybe i am supposed to run it as a ground. Any word on that guys?

Also for some reason my airbag light is on. Not sure why that is.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Looks like you took your passenger seat out to put in the console. Did you disconnect the battery first? If not when you unplugged the pass. seat harness you tripped the airbag trip. Looks great, nice pics! I really love mine, Honda should have made it at least an option.Drew.:confused:

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Looks like you took your passenger seat out to put in the console. Did you disconnect the battery first? If not when you unplugged the pass. seat harness you tripped the airbag trip. Looks great, nice pics! I really love mine, Honda should have made it at least an option.Drew.:confused:
...this is too much work to be an option.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Not if Honda would have put the emergency/parking break in or under the dash then you could easily have a half dozen center console modular systems that popped in and out for different configurations.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Threaded rod size

By the way i used a 6 inch piece of M6 threaded rod for the job. I am posting that because i couldn't find the length that was used anywhere.

As far as too much work to be an option i completely agree! Honda doesn't want to deal with x amount of Johnny Q asking mod questions tying up their phone lines and personnel. This mod is a pain in the but but if you have money and patience it is just doing something you enjoy. I had several occasions where i was ticked! The last thing to put on is the large console. Make sure you have the side front piece from the main console popped out so you can get it on and over the parking break handle. make sure also you have the speaker and cover as well as the tray in place ready for the large main piece. Also make sure you test your parking break for good engagement of the breaks.
I wanted to mount a square bracket on the floor there under the console but found myself drilling through the bottom so most people dont mount that. that. Alot of guys don't bother bolting it down in the far back either because you have to put more holes in. There is a bracket that holds the console in place pretty good by the parking break so like alot of other guys i just did that rather than putting more holes in the floor.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
anyone have doodles email? i want to email him about his consoles and i dont have my ebay account
doodles518, but don't waste your time. He'll just tell you to watch his next auction. Bin there, done that...

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
i mean his email. i know his ebay name, im looking for his email address
my dad doesnt want me to buy until i can see the actual console, not one he had back in march, which is his current ebay picture

sent him a ebay-email
im hopefully pulling the trigger on this soon, i have some interior work to do :]

·
Registered
2,390 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
It appears that the initial market has been saturated. If he is advertising $250.-- as buy it now, then he musta had some real 'divers'...

...he now includes the floor mats also!!!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
When I bought mine, I also bought both types of floor mats. I really like the carpet mats. They are light and easy to pull out to shake off or vacuum. When I had the original heavy Honda All season mats that covered the entire front they would get wet underneath and stink. Then they were a pain to pull out and clean. ...btw, you are going to love the console!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Man is he selling these cheap now, including the floor mats and cut the shipping costs in half. So glad I didn't win one when they were going for close to $500, but still wish I would have waited a little bit longer. I paid $330 shipped for mine with no mats and I still haven't bothered to install it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
594 Posts
OK, found out it is possible to install SC console in an LX. Saw in a previous post that there are two sets of wires, one with two and another with 5. Can someone explain to me what they are for. Do I need to use all of them?

201 - 220 of 247 Posts