Honda Element Owners Club banner

SC Center Console: Modification or Standard Equipment?

• Modification: I installed the SC Center Console

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • Standard Equipment: Came with my SC

Votes: 40 20.6%
  • Contemplating this modification and installation

Votes: 99 51.0%
  • I like my current console: original or modified

Votes: 24 12.4%

• Total voters
221 - 240 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
installing SC console

I really want to install a SC Console in my 2008 Element. Is it hard? I've never worked on a car before...besides oil changes :)

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
If you get one off ebay that is already assembled it's not hard. You have an 08 so all the holes are in your floor for the mounting points, no extra drilling. Drew:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am picking this up Wednesday

Well, I will finally be getting mine on Wednesday. Does anyone have a bullet type list of instructions? Is there a book I can get that has a how to on how I get my existing console out? In short....help please :)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
toward the beginning of this thread, i read about some interior plastic paint or dye to dye the panels...

could i get more information about that? my interior is grey and i am very interested in having everything match.

i remember a thread on this, but i cannot find it on the forums. if someone has a link to that, i would appreciate that or some information regarding a method to get some darker interior panels.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
toward the beginning of this thread, i read about some interior plastic paint or dye to dye the panels...

could i get more information about that? my interior is grey and i am very interested in having everything match.

i remember a thread on this, but i cannot find it on the forums. if someone has a link to that, i would appreciate that or some information regarding a method to get some darker interior panels.
I bought a can of spray paint that closely resembles my Galaxy Gray body color. By scuffing and painting the two Piano Black runners the console matches much more natural...
Because of the physical separation a minor color mismatch is not noticeable...

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I bought a can of spray paint that closely resembles my Galaxy Gray body color. By scuffing and painting the two Piano Black runners the console matches much more natural...
Because of the physical separation a minor color mismatch is not noticeable...
oh. that was not the interior i was referring to. i am keeping the piano black as i already have my dash panels painted to match and i am converting that center garnish to the sc garnish with the piano black.

i mean the entire interior. the doors the cargo area, et cetera. i read up on someone doing it a long time ago. i am interested in dying all that plastic black. just wondering what the process is and what to use.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
SC console is in the mail and on it's way here! Can't wait to do the install, but it didn't come with the E brake so I am going to have to get that from Honda.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
ive had my console since november and have yet to install it :-|
im planning on doing it on a 3 day weekend. spring break im gone with my parents, and my E is no longer the tow E, so its unfortunate i couldnt work on it while im gone!
but im going to also lay carpet the same time i install the console

EDIT: are there all season mats for the SC?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
ive had my console since november and have yet to install it :-|
im planning on doing it on a 3 day weekend. spring break im gone with my parents, and my E is no longer the tow E, so its unfortunate i couldnt work on it while im gone!
but im going to also lay carpet the same time i install the console

EDIT: are there all season mats for the SC?
three days? it really does not take that long...unless you got all the parts from honda and need to assemble the whole thing.

there are all season mats. i think ghost [andrew] might be selling a set. i might have the member wrong, but check the trading post.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update SC Center Console

Hello All,

I am new here. I found this site as I was looking for a SC Center Console for my 2007 Element. This is a great place. I just wanted to update a bit since I noticed most of the posts in this thread are a little dated. I knew there was a guy on ebay that seemed to have this occasionally so I was searching for him. I found an old ebay listing and sent him an email asking about availability of a center console. He had one at that time and sent it off to me. I recieved it friday and when I opened the box I was pleasantly surpirsed to find it in "New" condition Not a scratch, mark or blemish. It didn't look as though it had ever been used. Anyway Roger is still out there and does have these available. The install went well thanks to all of the input from all of you that have done this. So thankyou very much.

Take Care,
Gene

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone know if doodles is still around? I found 2 auctions on ebay and both are buy it now for $325 or more WITHOUT shipping. From all the previous posts it seems like doodles sold them for a lot less.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been looking and havent found any but i was wondering if someone knew of a junk yard or a place like a pull a part for elements or that might have elements? I have alot of ideas and plans but ofcourse im still trying to go the cheapest route possible as long as the quality is up to my liking

·
Registered
155 Posts
just picked mine up from they ebay guy here in MI, got it installed in a couple of hours.
I will have to pull it back out soon to install the 12v outlet and some LEDs so I can see whats in the cargo hold sized bin under the armrest. I also forgot to extend the ebrake signal wire and plug it in.

221 - 240 of 247 Posts