Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cry: I don't know if I am just over-reacting but I was very upset to see a dent in the back of my new "E". I speculate that an errant football was the culprit. I spent the week thinking that I could get over it. Not!
Great news though. After a visit from an expert dent removal technician it is gone. Whew!!!!!!!! I feel much better now. I don't want to worry about the "E" all the time but at 1000km on the odo. it seemed a bit too soon to start bashing it up. If your thinking about removing a small blemish from your ride I highly recommend calling in a Pro. Have you experienced any dings in your new "E". Lets share our horror stories here and find strength in eachother :cry:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:eek: well... good to see that no one has had the same sad experience as us. If you need to share a sad "E" happening, :wink: I will be there to soften the blow. :wink:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not a dent but about a 4inch scuff on my back bumper form someone parking behind me. The scuff isn't that bad but to me you might as well have ripped the bumper off. My wife didn't notice it though

·
Registered
894 Posts
The back bumper does scuff very easily. :?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've been driving an old beater complete with urban camoflauge for a few years now and I've never had so much as a scratch. Before that I had a brand new Honda Civic that was backed into three times in the first year and seriously dented in the side while parking at a grocery store. It was painted twice on the same side before the car was 2 years old! It's just the curse of owning a new vehicle. I know how annoying it is to see that first blemish. This is something I am not looking forward to when my baby finally arrives. I guess I will need to re-aquaint myself with the far end of parking lots. I feel your pain......

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have been parking on the bottom floor of my parking garage at work as far away as possible from others and in a stall where no one can park beside me. I don't want to hurt my Elsie.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I suppose that this is fairly normal for any new car so I should not feel too bad. My "E" has to have the damper assembly replaced -under warranty of course- due to a horrible creaky sound heard while steering back and forth. Has anyone noticed a similar problem? Or God forbid an even worse problem? The parts are backordered for about a week or so. :cry:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts