Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I backed into another car yesterday morning and crunched in my light, I also noticed that I made a boo boo on the skin on the back passenger side of my ele. Anyone know where I can order just the panel as I can install it myself, of course it's an 09 and I have barely owned it. Yeah please don't laugh its been a ****ty month. 8)

·
EOC Rank: Granny Smith Apple
2,593 Posts
Don't feel bad about backing up and hitting something, one time I backed a 27 foot camper RV I owned clear out of my driveway to another portion on driveway where company cars park and I smashed right into my own car. Felt like a complete imbecile.
$hit happens. I feel bad for ya though.

good luck in replacing items.....
jurn

·
Registered
662 Posts
OK so I backed into another car yesterday morning and crunched in my light, I also noticed that I made a boo boo on the skin on the back passenger side of my ele. Anyone know where I can order just the panel as I can install it myself, of course it's an 09 and I have barely owned it. Yeah please don't laugh its been a ****ty month. 8)
Now it's broke in. If it is small, just leave it and nothing will probably ever happen to it again. Every car, for daily driving, I ever nit-picked (highly detailed---waxed, toothbrushed, etc.) seemed to meet a horrible demise.:zombie004:

We have one sporty door ding on the passenger side of the E. We always park out from the stores, so I don't know how it got there. :detective: We,ve gotten use to it and nothing else has happened, yet.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I jacknifed my trailer into my E once...so I guess you can say I backed into my own trailer...

HEY! Wait a minute....that was in Jurn's yard!!!!
She's jinxed for RV's I tell ya!!!

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Don't feel bad, I backed into a parked car JUST AFTER someone told me how nice my car looked with 100K miles on it......................

·
Registered
2,390 Posts

·
Retired.
12,181 Posts

The good news is that this panel only costs $110.00 Canadian. The bad news is that it does not come painted. Having a body shop paint it will likely run another $200.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Lizzurd and everyone for not making me feel too bad.... Maybe after I pay for the damage on the other car I will get mine done, it's not too bad. It's on the plastic piece so it won't rust. So much for keeping my new car new. F----------

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Thanks Lizzurd and everyone for not making me feel too bad.... Maybe after I pay for the damage on the other car I will get mine done, it's not too bad. It's on the plastic piece so it won't rust. So much for keeping my new car new. F----------
Don't you have insurance?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sure I do but then it goes on my spiffy clean record which I prefer it not.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Sure I do but then it goes on my spiffy clean record which I prefer it not.
So, to maintain your "spiffy clean record" it is going to cost you, what, $500+ out of pocket now? I'm sorry but I don't understand your reasoning.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It will affect my rates for the next three years and our insurance here is terrible to deal with so I rather pay it out of pocket. We have ONE insurance company period and they are %&*(#.

·
Retired.
12,181 Posts
I don't know about MIA but my insurance deductable is $500.

I would rather pay the money of out pocket now rather than have my insurance company use that as a reason to hike my rates up. Either pay the insurance company $500 or pay a Bodyshop the roughly the same money......I will take the lesser of 2 evils.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I see where you are coming from. I always forget that having a high deductible is a good way to save money.

:roll:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gary, I don't know what insurance is like in Kansas but here in BC it's a nightmare and we have no choices, just one for basic and I am stuck so really as lizzurd posted it's the lessor of two evils for me. Now If I was back in Alberta I may use my insurance company but well I am not. LOL So I pay as at the end of the day it's the better choice.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Gary, I don't know what insurance is like in Kansas but here in BC it's a nightmare and we have no choices, just one for basic and I am stuck so really as lizzurd posted it's the lessor of two evils for me. Now If I was back in Alberta I may use my insurance company but well I am not. LOL So I pay as at the end of the day it's the better choice.
I guess I understand but what prevents the other party from claiming that the damage to their vehicle is $1000 or even $2000? Without a third party involved you are putting yourself at risk.

Maybe after I pay for the damage on the other car I will get mine done...

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I had my E for 6 days and there was a huge snow storm and my awesome idiot garbage men put my garbage can in my driveway instead of my yard and I did not see it because of all the snow at backed right into it putting a dent in the corner right above the taillight and the wheel scratched my bumper, I was irate, guess what, its all still there, Ilk fix it soon or later, but I know something will happen again, its a daily driver. Now if it was my camaro, I would have put a knife through every tire of that garbage truck without thinking twice.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Had mine for maybe a month, and was doing the Grill mod. Went to shut the hood and forgot a had flashlight or something sitting on top of engine. I closed hood and wouldn't shut and I realized (too late) the "something" was there......CRAP!! Anyways I had a nice dent that stood right out. Luckily for me a Dent Wizard guy was able to fix it for a mere $50-60....phew!

·
Registered
608 Posts
when I was buying my E, I saw the ding on the passenger rear door, but I didnt say anything to the dealer...now I realize that paintless dent removal is pretty expensive. But Im living with it..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts