Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to musing this morning in the shower and wondered what would be a good musical hook for the Eement. Chevy trucks have "Like a Rock" by Bob Seeger, I've heard who, a Nick Drake in a VW commercial, Nissan uses the Who's "The Best I Ever Had" and Cadillac using the Led Zeppelin "Rock and Roll".

What song would you suggest for the Element?

I thought of the Beach Boys "Let's go Surfin" , but then that brought up images of "Little Old Lady from Pasadena" Jan & Dean) to cover the older buyers that are buying the Element - which segued into thoughts of Pasadena (Texas not California!) -- Nope, I don't think this would work.

I think you'd need something that would cross the age lines, but it would definitely need to have a beat. Maybe Meatloaf and "Bat out of Hell" or INXS "Devil Inside" or Tracy Chapman's "Fast Car"

·
Registered
540 Posts
How about Yello's "Oooooh Yeeeaaaah" song? (The end of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" - Ed Rooney on the bus?)

Heard Seal's "Crazy" from his first self-titled CD? Great song. Heck yeah, E's are crazy. Crazy like a fox!

Katrina and the Waves: "Walking on Sunshine" because it's impossible to feel blue if you hear that song.

Pretenders' "Brass in Pocket" - especially for the line about "gonna make you, make you notice!"

Sting's "We'll Be Together Tonight" - don't know why exactly. Just seems good.

OOOOH --- OOHHH I HAVE IT!

INXS - "NEW SENSATION". Yes!

Probably all of these, plus two personal theme songs of mine are going on the CD I'm going to burn to play to drive it home:

"Bitch" by Meredith Brooks
and
"Saint of Me" by the Rolling Stones.

Wheeee!

Oh my poor mom. Her ears are going to bleed by the time we get back to Dallas.

·
Registered
92 Posts
"Little Honda" by the Beach Boys... I know it was about a bike, but so what.

"Blitzkrieg Bob" - The Ramones

Batman Theme - The Jam's version

I could probably think of a million more...

Regards,
SOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts