Honda Element Owners Club banner

Theme Music for a Commercial

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Sons of Liberty 
#1 ·
I got to musing this morning in the shower and wondered what would be a good musical hook for the Eement. Chevy trucks have "Like a Rock" by Bob Seeger, I've heard who, a Nick Drake in a VW commercial, Nissan uses the Who's "The Best I Ever Had" and Cadillac using the Led Zeppelin "Rock and Roll".

What song would you suggest for the Element?

I thought of the Beach Boys "Let's go Surfin" , but then that brought up images of "Little Old Lady from Pasadena" Jan & Dean) to cover the older buyers that are buying the Element - which segued into thoughts of Pasadena (Texas not California!) -- Nope, I don't think this would work.

I think you'd need something that would cross the age lines, but it would definitely need to have a beat. Maybe Meatloaf and "Bat out of Hell" or INXS "Devil Inside" or Tracy Chapman's "Fast Car"

#2 ·
How about Yello's "Oooooh Yeeeaaaah" song? (The end of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" - Ed Rooney on the bus?)

Heard Seal's "Crazy" from his first self-titled CD? Great song. Heck yeah, E's are crazy. Crazy like a fox!

Katrina and the Waves: "Walking on Sunshine" because it's impossible to feel blue if you hear that song.

Pretenders' "Brass in Pocket" - especially for the line about "gonna make you, make you notice!"

Sting's "We'll Be Together Tonight" - don't know why exactly. Just seems good.

OOOOH --- OOHHH I HAVE IT!

INXS - "NEW SENSATION". Yes!

Probably all of these, plus two personal theme songs of mine are going on the CD I'm going to burn to play to drive it home:

"Bitch" by Meredith Brooks
and
"Saint of Me" by the Rolling Stones.

Wheeee!

Oh my poor mom. Her ears are going to bleed by the time we get back to Dallas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.