Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ALAS THE OFFICIAL WORD FROM MY NORTHEAST HONDA DEALER REP IS THAT THERE WILL BE NO EX 4WD STICK. SORRY, BUT THAT'S THE OFFICIAL WORD FROM HONDA HQ.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RML,

similar to the CR-V the reasoning is that it just won't sell. I could be cost it could be marketing who knows. The fewer differences in trim lines among the same car the less expensive it is to produce and the better the quality. that's why you can't special order Hondas with accessories installed from the factory. It keeps production up and mistakes down. All in all it means better quality products.

·
Registered
126 Posts
So Honda's reasoning is that people who want alloy wheels, air conditioning, and cuise control, don't want a manual 5-speed? Does that seem flawed to anyone else?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's not what honda is saying. And there are several more differences between the two cars. It was a choice they made. And that is it. I have yet to get a diffinitive answer from our rep. As soon as I get one, I'll pass it along. Sorry I don't have more information right now.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I appreciate your insight. I'm just giving you a hard time. Just be glad I'm not driving over from Hartford to buy my Element from you. ;-) So if they're not producing a manual AWD EX, I guess my dream of a Green exterior with a Black interior is out the window too! Man, Honda sure makes it hard for the customer to buy a car. The next thing you'll tell me is that if I install my own accessories, I could void my warrentee! :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for the laugh. It's been along day here.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
PSKBEAR: When do you think Honda will offiicially post this news.. that is kinda odd to say yes then no with in such a short time frame..

I am glad I got mine now, we had pondered the 4wd ex in a manual.. and were thinking of waiting, whew.. glad I did not but I find it odd. I would like to see more confirmation (nothing against you,.. i just love my proof, point blank ya know!)

Poor you having to deal with hard heads like me, grin! Thank you for the news brief!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you're nothing. If all the questions I received were that easy then I would worry about ulsers. :lol:

·
Registered
311 Posts
[quote:c1afc1442a="PSKBEAR"]ALAS THE OFFICIAL WORD FROM MY NORTHEAST HONDA DEALER REP IS THAT THERE WILL BE NO EX 4WD STICK. SORRY, BUT THAT'S THE OFFICIAL WORD FROM HONDA HQ.[/quote:c1afc1442a]

:cry: I just sold my 94 Trooper because I was planning to purchase the AWD EX with 5 speed manual transmission. I was sooooo excited and even called every Honda dealer in my area so they could call me when one came in. I think this is a very wrong move on Honda's part. The manual has much more pickup. I test drove the 2 WD stick and WOW what a difference. I was totally sold. It just makes sense for the AWD even more than the 2 WD to have a manual just for more control in sand and snow. I have owned many 4 WD vehicles and know from experience that a stick makes all the difference in the bad road conditions. Well I guess I won't be a member here anymore I am very sad to say. I probably will go check out something else. Probably will go with a Ford Explorer or something. TOTALLY HEART BROKEN.

·
Registered
311 Posts
[quote:63c3d408bb="ibutchman"]We feel your pain.[/quote:63c3d408bb]

The sad thing is that I REALLY put so much time and energy in going around to dealers, asking questions, test driving, WAITING, sitting in traffic to get to a dealer. Even taking some time off work. I was VERY SERIOUS about getting the Element. I felt it was mine to be had. All I had to do was be patient. Such a BUMMER. I hate how Honda led people on. They even have it in one of their brochures that the model I wanted would be available June, 2003. I FEEL CHEATED and I AM ANGRY as well as SAD. No chance this is a marketing ploy and they will turn around tomorrow and say JUST KIDDING, it will be available after all ?????? I would be totally ticked if I went out and bought something else and found that out. :evil: :x :!:

·
Registered
338 Posts
This is similar to the Side Air bags, some people with kids were waiting for them to come out. Honda Docs say delayed introduction, but we've read on these forums that the plans have been scrapped for the SIDE AIR bags... No official word from Honda though...

Very similar

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
LittleDogBox: for me I would wait for the official word.. and I have seen nothing official. Nothing against Pskbear, but I want to see absolute confirmation.

As far as the side airbags I think that i more rumor, but really the side air bags are not beneficial unless they are windowcurtain style. the lower ones would certainly not be a bonus for people with kids.. they would do more harm then good.

Don't run off yet, stay tuned.. as soon as I or someonelse sees something firm & official I (and I hope if someone gets it before I find something) will post it!

If you choose otherwise I wishyou luck with your choice.. I just would not recommend the Explorer as an alternative... it has the WORST reliability rating! Alternatives: Honda CRV (which is the best overall small SUV), Subaru (forester or outback), Toyota, and perhaps Hyundai.. but the Ford Explorer is a bomb! (CR reviews the Explorer as Worst relliability, even after it has been refined and improved over the 2002 model! sad huh? the new Ford Escape/Mazda Tribute twin is not much better)

·
Registered
311 Posts
[quote:4a8aef1caa="GYPSYTDA"]LittleDogBox: for me I would wait for the official word.. and I have seen nothing official. Nothing against Pskbear, but I want to see absolute confirmation.

As far as the side airbags I think that i more rumor, but really the side air bags are not beneficial unless they are windowcurtain style. the lower ones would certainly not be a bonus for people with kids.. they would do more harm then good.

Don't run off yet, stay tuned.. as soon as I or someonelse sees something firm & official I (and I hope if someone gets it before I find something) will post it!

If you choose otherwise I wishyou luck with your choice.. I just would not recommend the Explorer as an alternative... it has the WORST reliability rating! Alternatives: Honda CRV (which is the best overall small SUV), Subaru (forester or outback), Toyota, and perhaps Hyundai.. but the Ford Explorer is a bomb! (CR reviews the Explorer as Worst relliability, even after it has been refined and improved over the 2002 model! sad huh? the new Ford Escape/Mazda Tribute twin is not much better)[/quote:4a8aef1caa]

Thanks for the heads up on the Ford Explorer. I just was upset last night when I wrote that. I still am upset really. I just love the little Element and hope they will change their mind. It would give the little vehicle such a power boost and I think make it even more fun to drive. I betcha the old woodie had a manaul. The Element was such a delight to drive with the stick.....I felt I could have had the best of 3 worlds, it would drive like a peppy little
sports car , have the capabilities of an SUV with the added control of the manual, and the roominess of a van. What more could you want? What are they thinking at Honda anyway? I actually sold my truck to get the particular vehicle I wanted that they promised in the spring.
I will hold off on the Explorer probably but I feel I must look around a bit. I hope we hear from Honda soon one way or the other. I need to make a decision relatively soon. :(

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
LittleDogBox: you are completely justified in being upset, and one way or another I will get a firm answer for you.. I am doing a lot of hunting, for you and personally.

I do have my Element (4WD EX auto) and I love it! The power and umph is great on it... We did think about waiting and getting the manual too, so I can appreciate how upset you are!

Keep checking in, or keep in contact with me, and I will get an official confirmation for you, ok?

Definately keep your eyes open and look around, for more than one reason, the worst feeling on earth is regret.. and when you do get your vehicle you will know you really looked and are confident and satisfied withyour choice. I did alot of checking (I love cars, so i am always fascinated and love to learn about them). If I can help in your hunt let me know, I would be happy to help! (even if you choose other than an Element, or Honda... :D )

Again good luck, keep checking in.. and take care!

·
Registered
11 Posts
[quote:267f2f517d="LittleDogBox"][quote:267f2f517d="ibutchman"]We feel your pain.[/quote:267f2f517d]

The sad thing is that I REALLY put so much time and energy in going around to dealers, asking questions, test driving, WAITING, sitting in traffic to get to a dealer. Even taking some time off work. I was VERY SERIOUS about getting the Element. I felt it was mine to be had. All I had to do was be patient. Such a BUMMER. I hate how Honda led people on. They even have it in one of their brochures that the model I wanted would be available June, 2003. I FEEL CHEATED and I AM ANGRY as well as SAD. No chance this is a marketing ploy and they will turn around tomorrow and say JUST KIDDING, it will be available after all ?????? I would be totally ticked if I went out and bought something else and found that out. :evil: :x :!:[/quote:267f2f517d]

LittleDogBox, don't despair, According to our rep the 5sp 4WD should still be coming out. We should be ordering ours in April and getting them by late May or June.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
car_man_761: you are a dealer?? and you have heard yes element lovers there is a manual 4wd ex??

please say it is so!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes, car_man_761 please inform. We hear the AWD DX is coming in 5-speed, but like the CRV, the EX will only be AWD 4-speed Automatic.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts