Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to go down to one of the 3 area dealerships today just so I could take test drive. I've gotten myself so psyched up on getting an Element in a couple of months, that I thought I ought to at least drive one to be sure it is what I want to put my money into. The dealership had 3 on the lot when I called last thursday night. But when I arrived saturday, I didn't see any at all, so I stopped the first salesman I spotted and inquired. He told me two of them had been sold and that the last one was out on a test drive right now. I asked if I would be able to drive it once it was returned and the salesman laughed and jokingly said' "Take a number". It turns out that there were 3 other people waiting to take a spin!

So I told the guy there was no way I was going to wait on the off chance that one of these people wouldn't decide to buy it. And I didn't want to waste his time since I wasn't going to make a purchase for another 60 days or so. He was nice enough give me his card so that I could call ahead at another time and set up an appointment to take one for a drive. He said that was about the only way to guarantee that I would be able to drive one on a given day. He even offered to call me when one arrives on the lot with the color and options I want - I'm sure this is so he has a better chance to influence my decision to buy right away, but it was still nice.

I'll have to try and get to another dealership on a week night so I have a better chance at taking a ride!

--
Now serving number 27...

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yes, the day I test drove, they were constantly announcing would whoever had the keys to the Element please return them as another customer wanted to go for a test drive.

Iskie

·
Registered
352 Posts
Alien- Here's an idea. Theres lots of cheap air fares out there on the net. When you get ready to buy why don't you try looking at a honda dealership that is not on a coast line -that's where the E's are going quickly and over sticker. Here in the southwest they are usually readily available.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe I can get my company to pay for the flight out, if I pay for the drive back! We buy a lot of xtals from ICM in Oklahoma City. So I think a facility inspection is in order! Not to mention, I have not driven across the country before. Great idea Ion777!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Alien- Make it out here and I'll treat you to the best Mexican food and beer in the country.

·
Registered
311 Posts
When I first went to take a test drive of the EX 2WD 5 speed manual some people were there ahead of me getting ready for a test drive. It had just been pulled out of the mechanics bay for it's first drive. My friend and I patienty waited for their return. When they got back and it was my turn to take it out, but the people who had just test drivin it wouldn't give up the keys to my salesman. They said they wanted the car and didn't want anyone else driving it. Boy was my salesman mad :evil:
He said that they hadn't even sat down to see if they could even pay for the car yet and had no right to hold on to those keys . Well I didn't get my test drive that night after and hour and a half wait. But they next day my salesman told me that the people who were guarding the keys never did get the Element and invited me back to test drive it. I got my chance FINALLY and loved every second of it. I didn't purchase it because it wasn't the AWD and no sunroof :cry: It was even ORANGE :shock:
Now our dealerships here have plenty of Elements it seems and the wait is over for test drives. :lol:

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts