Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to get a thermometer to display the outside temperature? Some vehicles have a temperature reading right on the dash. Would like to add this to our E.

·
Registered
504 Posts
[quote:a43b1b6175="mlwschultz"]Anyone know where to get a thermometer to display the outside temperature? Some vehicles have a temperature reading right on the dash. Would like to add this to our E.[/quote:a43b1b6175]

Me, too. I had the temp on my previous car, and I didn't know I would miss it so much.

·
Registered
957 Posts
My previous car (01 Montero Limited) had it and I miss it too.

Any info on a really good one appreciated.

·
Registered
894 Posts
It's :lol: you guys should ask because I was going to create a post to ask if anyone had thought where to route the wire to get an accurate outside temperature. If it goes through the firewall, you won't get an accurate reading. Which is to say you can get these inside/outside thermometers at Candian Tire and at auto supply shops in the States as well, I imagine. I know Bell is a manufacturer, as well as making the Hula girl accessory.

I can't seem to quickly find a url for Bell, otherwise I would post it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
as temperature curious, I bought and installed a Wayfinder V2000 digital electronic compass with temperature readout included from buy.com :wink: . It is mounted on the upper left corner of the windsheild and the temp sensor is run inside the A pillar, into the fender and out to just behind the grill. It actually matches exactly what the weatherman says!

·
Registered
894 Posts
How did u fish the wire through the A pillar?

·
Registered
118 Posts
takes less time than it would to describe it. Took a couple of minutes, that's all. :roll:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've GOT to get me one of those thingies.

·
Registered
894 Posts
You rascals, that device belongs in my "E", so now I will have to purchase one. :lol:

Honestly, some more ideas on how to fish the wire through the "A" pillar would be greatly appreciated... I don't want to have to experiment to determine the best way by myself. :?

·
Registered
504 Posts
[quote:7dad8389d0="utahrex"]as temperature curious, I bought and installed a Wayfinder V2000 digital electronic compass with temperature readout included from buy.com :wink: . It is mounted on the upper left corner of the windsheild and the temp sensor is run inside the A pillar, into the fender and out to just behind the grill. It actually matches exactly what the weatherman says![/quote:7dad8389d0]

That looks like it would work. How big is it? Can you post a picture of it in your Element?

·
Registered
261 Posts
i see that there is also a wayfinder v2000 which looks pretty similar but costs much less. anyone know what the difference between the two is?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Big difference between 7000 vs. 2000 is that the 7000 has an altimeter. The 7000 also gives barometric pressure and determines a forecast based on rise and fall of barometric pressure. I don't know how accurate that is but if you don't need to know that info or know what elevation you're at then the 2000 seems to do everything else.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/digitalgiftstore/pniv2digvehc.html

·
Registered
11 Posts
I saw an outside temperature reader at wal-mart the other day. I think it was like $5 or so, and it looked pretty easy to install.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have seen some from Bell (same people who make the hula girl). I passed up on them because I ddin't like the looks of them. I am after a Wayfinder because it looks good , has the good suction mount and the idea of a compass appeals to me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts