Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this as I was leaving for work this morning. Nothing was taken but my XM mount was bent and broken, like they tried to snatch it out. They didn't try to get the radio the alarm must have scared them off. Called police and insurance, got it to a glass shop in a couple of hours, and was replaced by this afternoon. It was the only car on the block that was hit. It was a few dollars less than my deductable, so I'm a bit poorer tonight.:mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Philistines!:mad:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
sorry to see that DC........If it's any concilation, I took out my wifes elements back window with the weed wacker a few weeks back....:-(

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I know how it feels, I had it happen to my old Accord.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I hate to see that happen to such a pristine E!

Sorry Gary !!

Glad you got it fixed so quickly.

Dom

·
EOC Rank: 999
1,793 Posts
Yo D.C. - That sucks big time, man. You know how I feel about my E and I know how you feel about yours so you can imagine how much I feel for ya. If you ever find out who did it and want my "Elementos Latninos" to make a house call just let me know. We don't take kindly to low-lifes who do this to any E. It's time to "circle up" the wagons (oops, I mean Es) and kick some "ass"...........better luck, dude.

·
Registered
244 Posts
That sucks....

Sorry to see that DC... NO fun at all.

Had that happen to our Passport in years gone by....

I can promise you one thing... (if our event was any indicator) No matter how well you and/or the glass shop cleaned the glass up.... You WILL find pieces for the next 6 months...

Hang in there!!

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about this Gary, only hope Karma bites'em in the A$$

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I am sorry to hear this DC. Glad it has already been fixed.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
[email protected]#$%

That's a real bummer DCbox. So sorry.

I'm glad you were able to get the glass repaired in a few hours and there was no other major damage. If needed, you know I would have gladly lent you my E. No one would ever know the difference except yours says "TOASTER" and mine says "DUST E" :lol:

-g

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I'm sorry to hear your E got broken into, Gary. That bites. I'm glad you got her fixed. You'll be finding bits of glass for a while. :-(

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
That sucks. After moving to this hellhole of a state I switched my deductible to $0. It's already paid for itself many times over.

Had a fully vandalized Civic (new $3,800 paint job), broken windshield on the E ($500 due to stupid rocks from farm trucks), and every body panel needed to get hail dings removed ($1,100 worth of paintless dent repair).

So yeah, just in the last 4 months I've racked up over $5,000 in insurance claims. None of shich were my fault.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
That sux!!!!! But since no one else said it, it was not the alarm, they saw "The Club" and ran, they forgot the hack saw.

Just trying to get ya to laugh a little, just be greatful they did not do it with a weapon while you were in the car.

·
Registered
127 Posts
That sucks. After moving to this hellhole of a state I switched my deductible to $0. It's already paid for itself many times over.

Had a fully vandalized Civic (new $3,800 paint job), broken windshield on the E ($500 due to stupid rocks from farm trucks), and every body panel needed to get hail dings removed ($1,100 worth of paintless dent repair).

So yeah, just in the last 4 months I've racked up over $5,000 in insurance claims. None of shich were my fault.
Where did you move from?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts