Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the Honda designers, things I'd like changed on my 2008 Element -

1. Power locks that make noise when the lock button is pushed on the key fob. I want to know it's locked without having to double-click the button and listen to the horn. A loud 'click' or some such noise would be great.

2. Electric window timers that keep the electric windows energized for 20-60 seconds after the key is turned off.

3. Headlights that automatically shut off with the keyed ignition is shut off. The toyotas I've had had a headlight switch which could be left on all the time; the lights would go off with the key.

4. Multi-delay intermittent wipers.

5. Clothing hangar hooks.

If these changes have already been incorporated into the newer models, please accept my thanks.

·
Registered
751 Posts

1. Power locks that make noise when the lock button is pushed on the key fob. I want to know it's locked without having to double-click the button and listen to the horn. A loud 'click' or some such noise would be great.

2. Electric window timers that keep the electric windows energized for 20-60 seconds after the key is turned off.

3. Headlights that automatically shut off with the keyed ignition is shut off. The toyotas I've had had a headlight switch which could be left on all the time; the lights would go off with the key.

If these changes have already been incorporated into the newer models, please accept my thanks.
1) They do, you just have to be standing near the car to hear it. Plus the headlights blink.

2) Electronic garbage, just another thing to break.

3) That would be nice but see #2.

4) Since the programing is in the MCU to do this, it shouldn't be hard for them to actually add if they haven't yet.

5) Is your E missing something? I've been able to hang clothes behind my seat and the car is still stock from the dealer.

I wish mine had an "overdrive off" button, instead of just the 3rd gear button.
On the 5 speed auto, 4th and 5th are overdrive therefore, overdrive off = 3rd. What you want is the ability to select 4th gear without automatically shifting to 5th.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I wish my TRP-E had.....

1. Remote to open/close the back windows.

2. Remote to open/close the sunroof.

3. Maybe back seats that would fold and flip forward, too, in addition to folding them flat.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts

This mod has been done by several members..............you should be able to do it over a weekend with no problem (once it warms-up that is)

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I wish mine had an "overdrive off" button, instead of just the 3rd gear button.
Your avitar sez that you have a MT.:grin:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

1. Power locks that make noise when the lock button is pushed on the key fob. I want to know it's locked without having to double-click the button and listen to the horn. A loud 'click' or some such noise would be great. this is how almost all cars are so that you dont wake people when coming home late or really early, as mentioned the parking lights flash with just a single click

2. Electric window timers that keep the electric windows energized for 20-60 seconds after the key is turned off. easy enough to do a retained accessory power circuit on any car with a SPDT relay or most of the new viper, python and clifford remote starts have the option already in there. i agree that they should have this but it's an element, most who like its ruggidness dont really care for that stuff

3. Headlights that automatically shut off with the keyed ignition is shut off. The toyotas I've had had a headlight switch which could be left on all the time; the lights would go off with the key. this can be done easily with a relay too, but auto lights cost money and most people wouldnt want to pay for it, i know i wouldnt.

4. Multi-delay intermittent wipers. see below

5. Clothing hangar hooks. those are for closets...

This mod has been done by several members..............you should be able to do it over a weekend with no problem (once it warms-up that is)
Yes, and it is on the new ones from factory, no more need to do it with a pilot switch assembly

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Front and rear LSD, diesel option for max $600 extra, 6 speed AT, ....
Agreed, this is about the only mechanical retrofit I would consider. This would also make the relatively simple 4WD set up a lot more competent...

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Oh yeah, an extra power socket on the driver side (either cubby behind the steering wheel) and one for the back seats
...That would be one of the simpler mods...

·
Registered
748 Posts
Then Why?

I realize this is an mechanical and design ideas thread but I just wanted to add:

Want a sunroof? Buy a convertible...
Want super 4wd? Buy a truck...
Want to make it a 6 speed? No comment...

I think the E is GREAT for what it was supposed to be...just sayin... :)
Mod away if ya want.

·
Registered
7 Posts

I agree with a few of you and wish the E had the multi-delay intermittent wipers. I believe I will have to look into this mod and see if I can't do it.

What I wish my E had more than anything else is heated side mirrors. My last car, a 1997 Isuzu Rodeo, had really good mirror heaters and they are awesome! If you have never had them, you don't know how great they are; especially if you live in New England. Even in the rain, it keeps your mirrors CLEAR. Is there a mod for heated mirrors?

Heated mirrors- gotta love 'em.

·
Registered
282 Posts
More ground clearance is the only thing I could hope for right now.

·
Registered
748 Posts
...have to agree with the rear window roll down! :-(

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
well.............my suggestion to all of you is to do what I did........ buy a ridgeline..... It's everything that my element isn't.

I love both my hondas!

1 - 20 of 120 Posts