Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shopping for an Element. I found a 07 that I like. AWD EX Red.
All searching here and reviews says this 07 should have DBW gas pedal.
This one has a mechanical gas pedal with a cable through the firewall.
I intend to put on a hand control so this is why I looked there.

This would be good question to Dealer , but it will not let me post there.

VIN is 5J6YH287X7L009218, seen on dash.
Originally sold March or April 2007( I saw dealer reciept )
Low miles 45,600 and nice condition to match.

The only worn thing is the plastic floor has too many wavy or lumpy spots.
Is there supposed to be cushion material under the plastic floor or not?
The spare tire area is perfect with no sign of water. Spare is new.

I ran an InstaVIN report. It shows nothing wrong.
Physically I see : 07 bumper,armrests (ex),awd shaft under car.
What elce do I look for?
The original owner says rear entry is easier with new type seat belts (not seen with my eyes).

I inspected the original dealer window sticker which says DBW.
I might be ok with no DBW but I am paying for an engine with 10 more HP for 07 and 5 speed AT not 4 speed.
How do I check?

by Elementelred

·
Moderator Eh?
12,162 Posts
It does have DBW. The cable from the pedal runs to an actuator under the hood. From there the throttle is controlled electronically.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Lizzurd,
I think with other DBW cars in general, that I have seen, had no cable into the firewall.
I would like to see diagram or something to prove this to myself.

Elementelred getting less red.

·
Moderator Eh?
12,162 Posts
Thanks Lizzurd,
I think other DBW cars I saw had no cable into the firewall.
I would like to see diagram or something to prove this to myself.

Elementelred getting less red.
Other Element or other cars in general?. All 2007-2011 Elements have the same throttle design.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is example of type I expected. It has connection to sensor, no cables at gas pedal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-08-09-MAZDA-SPEED-3-OEM-FACTORY-DBW-ACCELERATOR-GAS-PEDAL-MS3-2-3L-TURBO-/290684031641?hash=item43ae1e5299&item=290684031641&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

And to answer my own question here is a 2007 pedal diagram.
Which looks very similiar to the 2006 diagram.

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/Page_Product/PartDetail.aspx?catalogID=63&productID=15&yearID=38&doorID=3&gradeID=457&areaID=2&transmissionID=7&originID=-1&colorLabelIDs=-1&colorLabelID=-1&sectionID=&idAndImageID=11370 1246928&isBigPicture=true#partlist

I wonder why Honda keep some mechanical cable at pedal when other manufacturers go more to FULL drive by wire?

Elementelred now better red (read).

·
Registered
95 Posts
I wonder why Honda keep some mechanical cable at pedal when other manufacturers go more to FULL drive by wire?

Elementelred now better red (read).
It costs money to engineer a new part, an inexpensive solution is to use a shorter cable with a TPSensor on the end.

Does the 07 crv or accord have a similar setup?

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,449 Posts
.....The only worn thing is the plastic floor has too many wavy or lumpy spots. Is there supposed to be cushion material under the plastic floor or not? The spare tire area is perfect with no sign of water. Spare is new.
Since you've gotten your main question answered, I saw this in your OP and that's where MY concern would be. Why is it lumpy? Even with the low mileage, are we talking rust? deformation of the floor? Something I would DEFINITELY have checked out. Better to be safe than sorry down the road. Good Luck with the search (or, if this is it - CONGRATS!!). :) :razz: :razz:

·
Registered
319 Posts
lumpy floor and what is the cause

When I was Element shopping, most of the older Elements had this problem. It seems like the vinyl floor stretches out over time making it wavy and loose. I don't know if it can be put on a lift to get a good look under the car for rust. I just threw the OEM pet friendly floor matts over mine and called it good since mine is 2011. I don't expect rust this soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
one question remain, How can I identify a 4 speed AT from a 5 speed?

Thank everyone for the input.

I plan to buy the car tomorrow, Monday if final inspection shows nothing to worry about.

I think I need a add on top type floor mat right away after purchase.:x
Over $500 for a new floor that may rewarp itself seems too much.

The shifter looks the same 06 to 07, so I'm still curious. -
How do I know if I am looking at a 4 or 5 speed AT?

Elementelred

1 - 12 of 12 Posts