Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Among the many lock/unlock remotes available on Amazon is this one http://tinyurl.com/nt6g9kj which looks identical to the one that came with my 2003 EX. The seller specifies that it works on the 2003 Element.

I'd like a second remote to go with the second master key in my wife's purse. The reports on this are that it's easy to program. Anyone here ever try this one on a 2003? I just ordered one, and I'll post a review.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Remember that Honda often buys electronics from third party sources - things like this often from firms in China that crank out a run of assemblies either to order or adapted for rebadging. Once the order's filled, it's common to do another run and sell it as aftermarket. The trailer wiring often talked about here is another example. Sometimes, you can buy the exact same part as OEM but without the dealer's markup while other times, it looks the same but parts are substituted on the inside. Google the seller's name and look for complaints about their products.

Another interesting class of Chinese knock-off is the high quality knife. A lot of well known names are actually made in China and it's the norm for manufacturers to run off extra product and sell direct under their own names at steep discounts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts