Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We put down a deposit on a new Element, but sadly didn't qualify for the best rate. Therefore, we told them we would get the financing elsewhere and just secured it. However, when we called the dealership they'd "accidently" sold the car. Which in Va is slightly illegal. They told us they'd get one in here at their cost and would "accessorize" it free. They haven't told us what accessories though. We're scheduled to pick it up tonight. But, they had really better make it worth my while. One of my buddies at work has a cousin who is a finance manager at another Honda dealership in the region. I plan on calling him today to find out just how much leverage I have on these guys. I hope the answer is ALOT.

I can imagine... steps, roof rack, seat covers, keyless remote, splash guards, storage arm rest, rear spoiler ... oh the sky might be the limit.

It might be I'm the one customer they never send follow up info to, or "remember us the next time you buy..."

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At first it was only keyless remote free. Then another dealer stepped up and the price kept coming down. But have mud guards and storage armrest in the deal. 4WD EX, auto, air, 270 watts radio, ABS....

In south eastern Va. we got it for 21K flat, out the door - tax (3.2%), tags, title, processing. Not the lowest price I've seen on the site, but very good for this area - at least I think it is.

·
Registered
176 Posts
21 out the door, congrats! thats a very good price for the 4wd EX with options and OUT THE DOOR! (considering that the msrp is almost 21)

congrats, hope you like your new E :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm also a Chesapean (Chesapeakan?). Glad to hear things worked out well for you. Would you mind telling me which dealers you worked with? You can say approximate location if you don't want to give the name. Right now I'm waiting (as I have been for over a month) for a factory-fresh GG 4WD EX Auto to be delivered to a dealership up in Hampton who has promised me pretty much the same deal (325/month w/ 4k down, which I think equates to $21,400 out the door at 4%), so it would be nice to go in there knowing I can get the same or better deal elsewhere in town (and closer to home too). Congratulations on your E, look forward to seeing you out there!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just signed deal thursday 21,000 out the door SOP EX with comlimentary keyless whoopeee.here in Detroit it a GOOD deal.Dont woory be happy , French Toast

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Without saying the two dealers by name, both are on the Peninsula, one has the name of a famous batter who struck out, the other is named after a former colonial capital. But the two prices I got was from the sales manager at the batter's place (no saleman involved) because I work with his cousin and the other place matched the offer since they messed up and sold mine to begin with.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ah...I've been dealing with the one who sold yours by accident, I have been less than thrilled with their efforts to keep me apprised of the ETA of my car (especially since they wasted no time in cashing my deposit check), but it seems like they are making the best deals compared to folks on the south side. Anyhoo, my car should be in this week so hopefully next weekend we will have some good open sunroof weather. Thanks for the info and congrats on your new E!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Picked it up today.

It came off the assembly line last Friday (the day wee finally signed for it) and was delivered to Fredericksburg Tuesday. The dealer picked it up and drove down Thursday. But no Finance guy worked Friday so we had to wait to today for delivery.

Here is something interesting on our price. The "sticker" in Fredericksburg had two above MSRP line items. 1) was something called "Appearance" for $795, and 2) a Market Adjustment for $1,000.

Our dealer told us that the Appearance package was merely adding the mud guards and washing the car. For only $795, such a deal. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So the Fredericksburg (considered Northern Virginia) dealer was marking it up almost $1,800. For a list of $23,075. Again our out the door price with tax, tag and title, keyless, mud guards and storage arm rest was $21,000.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry for the question, but what is this "out the door price" that everyone is talking about? Does this include the financing package?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hello Hampton Roads -- Va Beach here! :D

I ended up getting my E from Hall (Va Beach). They did a little discounting because I didn't want a 4WD EX, but all of their 2WD's were DX. They also gave me a (IMO) ridiciously high trade-in for my '98 Jeep Wrangler (which was beat to hell), so ... I didn't get the lowest price on the forum, but I feel pretty good about it. My only compaint was the constant coercing about 'If you don't rate us a 5 when they call, you're saying we failed you'. <ugh>

·
Registered
79 Posts
[quote:6afee3f4dc="bobby622"]Sorry for the question, but what is this "out the door price" that everyone is talking about? Does this include the financing package?[/quote:6afee3f4dc]

Out the door means how much you paid at the end of all the tax, tag, title, fees and other mumbo jumbo. It is how much is on that bottom line of the sales/finance contract.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts