Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find myself on this website more times than I would like to admit, in any given day. and I go on the message boards to read all of the new posts since my last visit. A lot of the posts are bringing attention to different kinds of noises and possible problems they are having with their Es.
I recently hit 1300 miles on my E which I purchased earlier this month.
First I became paranoid about my windshield. Turns out my VIN is on the service bulletin by Honda regarding cracked windshields.
Next, I read several posts about a "cracking or popping sound coming from the rear, especially when driving over bumps and sometimes around turns." Now I hear them in my car.
The latest issue I am having seems to be coming from my driver's side back window. It was just opened for the first time to my knowlege about 2 weeks ago, precisely then this rattling noise started. It sounds as if the window is not tightly closed when it is locked.
On top of everything, my speaker cover on my driver's door does not stay on flush with the door. It looks as if it is popping out, and it won't catch when I push it back in.
Will I most likely have to kill an entire day at Honda service. Has anyone had any good, effective, quick services for any of my car's problems that are listed above?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Guys,

Don't worry, I have had my E since early Jan of 2003. My Vin is in the service call notice.

I don't have scratches on my pannels, I don't have strange sounds coming from the front, or rear. I don't have problems with my drivers seat, or my rear seats.

Just as everyone is a bit different so are our elements. Not everyone is going to have every problem, or any problem.

Sure, I guess down the road, anything is possible, but any vehicle can have problems.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Getting paranoid about your Element from reading this group is like becoming a hypocondriac from reading webMD.com A few little trim issues are common with nearly any new car. In fact, most service departments acknowledge this with a freebie "adjustment" period, normally the first 10000 miles - to fix little things that pop out of place. My past 2 cars both had bits that had to be more properly seated, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts