Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied Toughguard Paint Protectant this weekend to my GG EX and man is this stuff awesome. It is supposed to last for five years! You are not supposed to have to wax at all once you put this stuff on. (Thanks to dbrunty for turning me on to this product) and if it lasts half that time it is well worth the cost. After I had done the hood plastic bottles I set on the hood started sliding off! Also it seems like nothing will really stick to this, you can just brush your finger over anything on the paint and it comes right off. To put the stuff on is a two step process, you have some crystal formula you mix up in warm water and you just put it all over the painted areas, let it dry to a haze then rinse off with a hose, this is supposed to prep the paint to bond with the protectant which you put on similar to a wax in the 2nd step. Anyway it looks awesome and I will keep you updated on how it holds up, if it lasts like toughguard claims then I will be putting it on all my cars and any future ones. If you want to check it out go to:
http://www.toughguard.com

·
Registered
26 Posts
[quote:0ab80bade8="taichibill"]I applied Toughguard Paint Protectant this weekend to my GG EX and man is this stuff awesome. It is supposed to last for five years! You are not supposed to have to wax at all once you put this stuff on. (Thanks to dbrunty for turning me on to this product) and if it lasts half that time it is well worth the cost. After I had done the hood plastic bottles I set on the hood started sliding off! Also it seems like nothing will really stick to this, you can just brush your finger over anything on the paint and it comes right off. To put the stuff on is a two step process, you have some crystal formula you mix up in warm water and you just put it all over the painted areas, let it dry to a haze then rinse off with a hose, this is supposed to prep the paint to bond with the protectant which you put on similar to a wax in the 2nd step. Anyway it looks awesome and I will keep you updated on how it holds up, if it lasts like toughguard claims then I will be putting it on all my cars and any future ones. If you want to check it out go to:
http://www.toughguard.com[/quote:0ab80bade8]

Did you have to mask off any of the plastic body panels to avoid the typical "white haze" common to most waxes or did you treat the plastic with this to?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote:eee920f2a4="csousa"]
Did you have to mask off any of the plastic body panels to avoid the typical "white haze" common to most waxes or did you treat the plastic with this to?[/quote:eee920f2a4]

No I did not, in fact I did get some on the plastic and I was able to get it off very easy. It isn't really a wax so maybe it doesn't have the same problems as wax does on the panels. I don't think toughguard is meant to be used on the plastic panels, just on the painted parts. They do have a vinyl protector but I don't know anything about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
csousa: THREEEEEEE years i let wax bake on the plastic of my Civic. We bought our E, and I don't know how but I saw that the dealer wax had gotten on my new E's plastic and somehow, I didn't notice for over a week.

So that pissed me off, and I search for a solution.

Peanut Butter. I'm not kidding. Read it on some web forum for Ford Explorer's or some crap, I tried it with like some Jiffy Low Fat crap peanut butter. It not only came off the E, but even took it off the 3 year old stained plastic on my civic.

It's probably the peanut oil, so you might just be able to apply peanut oil, but for like .20 cents in peanut butter, and 3 years, it's gone.

·
Registered
60 Posts
[quote:a3250f850c="ibenez"]csousa: THREEEEEEE years i let wax bake on the plastic of my Civic. We bought our E, and I don't know how but I saw that the dealer wax had gotten on my new E's plastic and somehow, I didn't notice for over a week.

So that pissed me off, and I search for a solution.

Peanut Butter. I'm not kidding. Read it on some web forum for Ford Explorer's or some crap, I tried it with like some Jiffy Low Fat crap peanut butter. It not only came off the E, but even took it off the 3 year old stained plastic on my civic.

It's probably the peanut oil, so you might just be able to apply peanut oil, but for like .20 cents in peanut butter, and 3 years, it's gone.[/quote:a3250f850c]

Good stuff...and it doesn't taste too bad either! Check out the earlier thread: http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3495

·
Registered
159 Posts
This stuff looks very interesting although the price is a little steep. Does anyone have any past experience with it?????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts