Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. have to get new tires for my E. Anyone have Thoughts On BFG Long Trail Tour P215/70R16 99T Tires?

Were recommended to me and just trying to se thoughts. Lots of LA city driving with every now and then rough off roads.

Thanks, want to make a decision today

03 element EX

·
Registered
715 Posts
That was what I replaced my originals with except mine were 225's. They had very poor wet traction. So bad that I could hardly take off from a traffic light without spinning tires when it was raining. I replaced those with Michelin LTX tires and they are much, much better, but a lot more expensive too.

·
Registered
223 Posts
We have them on both our E's. Since we're in Southern California, rain or wet weather isn't much of a problem. Too me the ride is a little stiff, more like a truck tire than a passenger tire. Bought one set at Costco (on line) and the other set at Discount Tire ($70.00 cheaper). We only drive 6000 to 7000 miles per year on each vehicle, so we will probably change them out for dry rot before we wear them out.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. good to know. has anyone else had the issue of the spinning in wet conditions. being in LA i know we don't come across it, but hey, thats when you want the safest tire.

I too was looking at costco to do these, and the other brand they offer were the same michelins you talk about in the earlier post. How do you like the michelins as an every day tire? I hear they are super loud. And the tread wears away very fast. Any more insight.

Love to hear more from others on this. especially using tires in all conditions.

d

·
Registered
680 Posts
I had Long Trails previously, and I really didn't them at all. I measure my gas mileage at every fill up and my mpg went down by 2-3 miles..They are not that loud in my opinion. I would not recommend them. I hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts