Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally I have begun to feel some “E’lation. ;-)

On the drive over the dealership yesterday, I vented to the boyfriend just how frustrated I am in having to wait for three weeks with no notice and sign of an “E’. Particularly when I have laid down a substantial amount of money with the dealer already.

I went into the dealers and asked the receptionist to page the salesman, letting her know I was upset and annoyed in the first place. The salesman came over, and I asked, “So what’s the deal?”. It took him a moment to recognize me as I have changed my hairstyle in the last three weeks, but he exclaimed, “Iskie!” (He actually used my RL name, but I choose to protect the not-so-innocent.) Then he explained what he has managed to do.

It seems that Honda Canada has only imported two (2) 5-speed Y-Series (read EX) Elements at this time. The dealership has found one of them and is arranging a swap of one of their allocated vehicles for it for me. It’s supposed to be a Satin Silver Metallic and the salesman said they have a VIN for me. ;-)

The salesman asked me where my car was and I told him I came in with my friend. I told him that my friend is the one who has taught me some Cantonese. The salesman bounded over to greet my boyfriend with a hearty “Lei Ho Ma?”. After a bit of banter he told us that the best way to learn Cantonese is from a woman (i.e. a girlfriend). After we left the dealership, my boyfriend and I had a good laugh over that.

I am going to call the woman at the dealership who is handling the trade for me tomorrow. I hope to get a tentative date for acquisition of “E’lation….the salesman thought it would be in March.

Iskie

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:

The person who is doing the ordering said likely a delivery in March. As my lease ends on March 15th on the Chevy S-10, I hope I get "E"lated before then.

As my Nanna used to say, "Patience is a virtue. Seldom in a woman, and never in a man."

Iskie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts