Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Element that needs a throttle body, Honda is around $500. Does anyone have any recommendations with
a aftermarket body that is working properly, thanks so much, Schultz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
I've always had good luck with LKQ Parts (Starter, Alternator)

No way, I'm paying $500!

I agree that why I paid $69 , but unfortunately it was junk. I'm cleaning ICV first I did the throttle bottle, and resetting, I'll let you know how I make out, Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Holy crap!!
I followed the ebay link, and there is one listed for $1120.00.
But wait, there's more! Free 3 day shipping, 65 already sold, and last one, so get it while supplies last!
Seriously?!
This must be the highly sought after chinesium edition.

Sorry OP, I am no help to you.
I cleaned mine, and it runs fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Willie, I did and it seems to be holding and idle, it was shutting off when I came to a stop.
Only drove to the store, but will run it more today, Schultz

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
212,000 miles no I haven't. Had two cylinders a
little low compression, so that next. Dealers wants $180 adjust valves. Probably bring in next week. Thanks One 4myElement

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hi,
That is cheap... (especially for a Dealer!)

I would ask for a Valve Map, being what they found for clearance, and what they set!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hi,
It is just a chart, that you fill in as you adjust valves.

Not the Honda K24, but some Engines, use "shims" to vary the valve clearance and using a valve map or records...

To keep up with the adjustment.

I do my own valve adjust, but if someone else did it, I would want to know what they found and what they did.
White Rectangle Organism Font Line

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just called my garage and he claimed there no adjustment, rockers are set,and there's no valve lash, now I'm confused

·
Registered
5 Posts
He just called me back, and said there actually was. I won't be bringing it there ! lol
I watch a video Eric the car guy, and it is more then I want to do. I think $180 is cheap.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hi,
Here is Eric's vid, I've done 2 valve adjusts on K24 engines.

On one hand it is not that hard if you are used to mechanical work, but...

Not anything you want to screw up.

Be advised when you set the adjusting screw with the feeler guage, you want a good DRAG on the guage.

You can set the valves to lose and they will be noisey.

Just something I noticed and part of the learning curve.

Also unlike Eric, I use the cam sprocket timing marks for each cylinder TDC position.

Easier for me and I know everything is in the right spot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes that's great, I have decided to go dealership, set up my appointment, Valves adjusted ,valve mapping,
plugs, and valve cover gasket, oil and filter $260 . I don't want to screw it up. Thanks for all your help, Schultz

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hi,
Remember at your mileage you are due for the 110K Maintaince interval.

Just depends on how close to Honda's Schedule you want to stay???

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2007 Element that needs a throttle body, Honda is around $500. Does anyone have any recommendations with
a aftermarket body that is working properly, thanks so much, Schultz
For future reference, my past research made it perfectly clear NOT to use an aftermarket throttle body. I was lucky enough to find a used OEM on eBay with warranty for $150.00 from a very reputable seller (spauldingautoparts).
It’s been great.
Good luck at the dealership!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts