Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question: Can I take a throttle body spacer from a 2006+ Civic Si and install it on a 07 Element Ex???

Im planning on installing a SRI in Feb. So if so might throw a spacer on too. I was told 06+ Civic Si intake would work on 07 element...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Does this really do anything? I can imagine if it was plastic it might isolate the temperature better, possibly having a slight effect if any.

The coolant bypass is free and probably more effective (if that even makes a difference). Takes less than 5 minutes to reroute the coolant hose.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its said to:

Increase horsepower and torque with this 3/4 inch throttle body spacer. Tests on a 06 Civic Si, produced a 4.5 horsepower gain at the wheels! Our spacer comes equipped with a 1/8th inch NPT threaded port at the bottom that can be used as an extra vacuum port or nitrous.

I know spacers have been used forever on muscle cars to increased HP and torque.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anyone tried this?! if not I'll wait till i get my SRI and then order it make sure everything lines up.... post on here

·
Registered
556 Posts
i have been wondering the same thing because i would love to put one of these in.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I agree.... i know how to install it... its bolt on... really simple just will not know if it will fit (if the bolt pattern or holes would line up?!) guess I will have to wait until my new AEM short ram comes in....

The short ram i order is a 06+ Si SRI but it fits my 07 Element Ex...

+

=

AWESOME?!

·
Registered
556 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah thats the one i will most likely buy... in blue... to match my intake

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Keep us posted.:) I used to run two Trick Flow throttle body spacers on a Jeep Wrangler Sahara I used to own.;-) It had the 4.0 H.O. and I definitely noticed a difference.Some people say/think these don't work,but on certain application they actually do.8)

·
Registered
99 Posts
yeah keep us updated! i used to have one on my '99 TL and it made a slight difference but not a whole lot but i felt it in high revs.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Dang! Those spacers are not cheap!!! :shock: For that much money it had better improve the E!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
reply back to the guys

To: NC-B17A, 2009 ELE, JPhan, Eww-an E

My new (SRI) air intake comes monday (UPS). Im planning on doing a DIY video for some buddies on youtube and takes some good pics of the before and after..... I want to make sure the intake fix right since tech its a 06 civic Si intake... sooo If it fits with no issues I will order the spacer.

I'll be sure to post pics of the whole process and stats.

PS: thanks for posting on here.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I can't wait to see the results and hope it works out! I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to working on cars so I am very interested to see how it goes....maybe even in person at a meet-n-eat? 8)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can't wait to see the results and hope it works out! I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to working on cars so I am very interested to see how it goes....maybe even in person at a meet-n-eat? 8)
I agree... be cool to meet some of you guys...I dont have a lot of stuff dont to my E yet. but in a short time i will.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts