Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I was looking for a thread to post a photo of my 'much-disliked' 2010 and thought I would just start a new thread on the evolving Thule Rack.

I have had this rack since my first 2004 (for 80K miles), then transferred it to the 2006 ( for 60K miles) and now its on the 2010.

Here is the 2010 seen on the job site at the Meadowlands in NJ.
Thule Rack, twin mountain bike racks, wind deflector.

225 75 R16 Kumho Road Venture tires

Autobot cast aluminum ornament in place of the honda H.

Some mud.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
R those weathertech door sill covers? Can u pop open the rear windows? What r the advantages of having plus sized tires?

this is my first element. Nice ride i have the same color. Since u have owned 3 I assume u know from experience what products work well. Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
R those weathertech door sill covers? Can u pop open the rear windows? What r the advantages of having plus sized tires?

this is my first element. Nice ride i have the same color. Since u have owned 3 I assume u know from experience what products work well. Thanks
No door sill covers, maybe just thicker mud..
Yep rear windows open just fine all the way.

Tires: well....let me see.
1) a little better ground clearance
2) better stability
3) better in snow and rain
4) all the factory tires were flat tire magnets. I drive on a lot of construction and demolition sites and never have had an issue with these tires.

btw did you know Jeep Cherokee wheels fit on the E's with a 10mm spacer?

·
Registered
22 Posts
can you send me a link to the roof rack you are using?
did you need to modify it at all, or was it a direct fit?

thanks

·
Registered
707 Posts
Well this is his 3rd E so I don't know why he would dislike it :twisted:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I love the thule rack. I am trying to put my thule rack on my element. It has been on 3 previous cars and is about 12 years old.

Looks great on the E and if it made sense I would definitely buy a 2010, but I only have 47k on my 2003!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well this is his 3rd E so I don't know why he would dislike it :twisted:
Long story short. I LOVE my new E. I just dislike the changes that have been made since 2007-2010. My 2004+2006 were darn close to perfect. Just going to heavily modify the interior of the 2010 to look like 2006.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I should be getting my Thule rack at some point today. Hopefully it comes within the next hour because I gotta go to work :| Very excited! I got it from ORS Racks Direct for a great price! I'll get pics of it when I throw it on :grin:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Long story short. I LOVE my new E. I just dislike the changes that have been made since 2007-2010. My 2004+2006 were darn close to perfect. Just going to heavily modify the interior of the 2010 to look like 2006.
I understand man, the biggest change most people dislike about the newer E's are the seat belts which I can understand, no one should feel strangled while they're driving.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Here are pics of my new Thule rack. The fairing was kicking my butt because the ends were bowing out so to fix the problem I just took the middle two clamps out and left the two clamps on the end to make it straight. It looks great!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
BLKBOX, do you mind me asking what was the length of the crossbars you used?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts