Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where does one conveniently tie down the bow and stern of two 17 foot long kayaks on the Honda Element 08? Do I have to have someone drill holes - if so where? Can one use the same hole or place for both sterns and bow tips?
Much appreciated.:)

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Where does one conveniently tie down the bow and stern of two 17 foot long kayaks on the Honda Element 08? Do I have to have someone drill holes - if so where? Can one use the same hole or place for both sterns and bow tips?
If you look underneath each bumper, the 08 has two tow points front, and one at the rear. Those can be used, but slipping foam rubber pipe/wrap on the tie ropes there they touch paint/bumpers is a good idea. :)

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I found convent places to put the hooks on binder straps. I can tie down to ether side with no trouble. I don't think I would use the same strap for 2 of them though. The fronts I would use an X pattern, to keep the bow from pushing out to the side.

E-Kyak 2.JPG

Just to give you a starting point.

E-Kyak 1.JPG

IE-Kyak 3.JPG

Dom

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
If you look underneath each bumper, the 08 has two tow points front, and one at the rear. Those can be used, but slipping foam rubber pipe/wrap on the tie ropes there they touch paint/bumpers is a good idea. :)

I have a friend that uses rope, with loops tied at each end, then short rubber bungie cord sthat hooks to each tie point, with the rubber bungies only touching the car anywhere.

·
Registered
63 Posts
tying down a 17 Ft Kayak will not be a problem and you will not need to use any foam rubber to prevent rubbing on paint as the length will take car of that. I have two 14 ft kayaks and don't have any issues...

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts