Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I sent out an email to a lot of dealers and I'm getting responses. Every one of them is sticking me with a destination fee of $710, doc fees of $400-600, and throwing on splash guards for $150. I'm not sure how to respond, so here are my questions...

1) The dealer doesn't have to pay destination fees if they have the car on the lot correct?

2) Aren't those doc fees crazy high? Any advice for getting those thrown out.

3) What should I say about the splash guards? Should I just tell them to take those off cause I don't want them?

-- Casey

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Try this ! ( Click on the red word ) \\

Dom

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dom! That was one of my favorite threads on here. It helped me draft the email blast that I'm going to send out to all the local dealers tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Thanks Dom! That was one of my favorite threads on here. It helped me draft the email blast that I'm going to send out to all the local dealers tomorrow.
Buying a 2010 tommorrow yet your profile is already filled out with a 2009 Silver.....................hmmmmm

Proof of ownership is in the pictures

good luck on the Blast, buying over the internet is the best, kept me out of the "stealership" until paper signing time

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Orangee - sorry for the lie in my profile, but this site won't let you register without filling out the section about what element you own. So I just clicked stuff. Sorry for the confusion :D

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
The splash guards are nice. But not worth 150$. You can get them from H and A, a site sponsor for a lot less money! Then just put them on yourself. It's no big deal. They will take them off if you don't want to pay for them. I got them to throw them in on the wifes E. I told them to take them off or throw them in for free, or we had no deal. We have them.

Dom

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like I'm going to pick up my Element tonight. 2010 Polished Metal EX 2WD for $22,594 out the door :D Will post pics on the board soon. muahaha.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha I have two dogs. I have a rodesian ridgeback mix that we rescued and a yorkshire terrier. Not sure I'm looking forward to the ridgeback shedding all over the car, but I guess I should break the car in proper and get a little dog hair spread about.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts