Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Im selling the 15's to my neighbor for his jeep. I still like the style of wheel, so im going to get 16's for my E. Im not familiar with standard measurements, though.

Im want to get 16x8, but im unsure about the backspacing. I dont want to have to run spacers again. I want everything to be the right fit. Is 5 inch backspacing going to work? Or should I go with 16x7 with 4 inch backspacing?

Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
You would need to get a 5.7" to 6" backspacing to bring the wheel flush or in a little. With a 16x7 you would need a 4.5" to 4.8" backspacing. I used a wheel calculator off the stock wheel size and it shoots out numbers, lol. Look into sizes made for the 2005 up mustang, they use a offset very close to ours, the stock mustang wheels are 18x8 with a +42 offset, which is a 5.8" backspacing, I put a set of 08' gt wheels on my sc to see what they looked like while my bud was running his 21"ers, looked like poopoo but fit perfect.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I just looked on atech(summit's dealer site) and the best in your steel wheel size that cragar makes is the 5" backspacing. Now there are the nascar style aluminum wheels in 18's and 20's that are black that have the correct fitments but are pricey. There are also companies, have to look them up again that make custom offset steel wheels for about $120 a wheel, but then you can just buy others, lol. If I find something I will let you know, I am a wheel fitment freak, its my speciality per say and suspension. You can always pm me for quick responses.
Later,
Steve

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have PM

·
Registered
282 Posts
insane sc, I will have to remember you when it's time to get new wheels! :grin:

I had a badass set of black rims on my F250 and I'm already jonesing to go black again. This will be bad for my wallet!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so I ended up getting some 17's, and not the 19's. The tires and wheels are just like the TSX ones I had back in the summer. BUT, the tires are brand new, so im going to keep them for a while. Eventually I will get the right sidewall height.

So the specs are:
17x7 ADR rims
225/45/17 Kumho Ecsta ASX

heres a quick pic. Its raining so I wont be able to take a pic of them on the E until next week (also because Im traveling to NYC on wednesday night) (so look out for me hah, plus I now have my EOC sticker)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How do i correct the speedo if its possible? Now its over by 5 mph (again like the TSX wheels) it says 60, but im going 55..

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I dont think there is a way, may be wrong, but I was talking to my honda mechanic and he said my 07' was not reprogramable for tire size. Hopefully, I am wrong. In my camaro, I use my gps, my speedo is off by 20mph at 60, I went from an auto with 2.73 gears to a 6spd with 4:10 gears, its kinda funny to see the difference.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i just orders 15's... i hope they fit:twisted:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i hope so too. I can send you my spacers if you'd like lol..

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will, but the tires that I got with the wheels are 90%. so Im just going to live with it until the summer/spring.

OR

i might be tempted to get some new wheels again(18's or 19's)...:x
Insane_SC is not going to be happy haha

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Oh, It doesn't bother me bud, I pm'd you back, I see now yours is a manual so don't bother reading the auto trans rant, lol.
I like helping anyone with tires/wheels questions, I used to get paid good money to figure out all the dimensions/offsets and tire diameters/ratio's on custom hot rods, 60's/70's muscle cars and full out race cars at a race shop, I have the experience, I like to use it, better than letting knowledge go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts