Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I got into a fender bender. Really stinks. I decided to get my car fixed for only 300 dollars because the only real damage was done to my brush guard. Which was only a simple bend which my mechanic was able to fix and make like new. However the brushguard dented the hood a little right about the headlight. Its a small dent but the paint seems to have splintered. I wouldve had to replace the entire hood to get this fixed. So I decided not to and Ill live with the tiny dent but I need to fix the paint. What is everyones idea on touch up paint? Where could I get it for Satin Silver Metallic. And its cold here in boston, too cold to paint maybe. If anyone could help me out that would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much time do i have before this thing starts to rust. Also some paint has chipped on my brush guard. Any recommendation for that?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
my experience when it has not rust yet....is to wash the area with water / paper (or alcohol pads - like for wounds)..... spray some RustCheck on it..... let it sit a while then touch up paint.....3-4 times every time it dries up..... and then wax the area 3 - 4 times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts