Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I just got the nose mask and did not have any problems installing the piece that installs on the hood. However, the two small pockets for the front fenders are a different story! I have checked and re-checked the instructions on the handa-accessories site BUT those darn plastic tabs that should go underneath the composite panels is such a pain!

How do you get those plastic tabs underneath the composite panels when there is hardly any space?? :?

· Registered
1,118 Posts
For those damn plastic tabs, start at the very front of the panel. Make sure that the sock part is in place. Slowly work the tab to the back of the car the tab should only be about 1/4 of the way in. Once it is almost at the right spot, put the rest of the tab in place and slide it up to tighten the sock. I should have pictures on my site today or tomorrow. It gets easier the second time.

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote:cbd63cdc61="boneheadz"]For those damn plastic tabs, start at the very front of the panel. Make sure that the sock part is in place. Slowly work the tab to the back of the car the tab should only be about 1/4 of the way in. Once it is almost at the right spot, put the rest of the tab in place and slide it up to tighten the sock. I should have pictures on my site today or tomorrow. It gets easier the second time.[/quote:cbd63cdc61]

Thanks for the tip! I'll try it later when I get home. For now, I just have the hood piece on. I think it would be 90% effective against rocks without the sides.

If the side pieces are going to be this much of a pain, I might just use the hood piece (on those long freeway trips) and take my chances on the sides without the covers! hehe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.