Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, So what is the most Overall width the E can take without rubbing? 9.8? 9.6? 10.2? I am planning to do 18 inch wheels and I love the reports, price and looks of the KuhmoSTX, but will they fit with zero rubbing? 255 55 18
BG

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been tracking this question and the largest tire I have read installed was BFG T/A .... 245/60x18 IIRC at 9.9 in section width.

I too am curious if the Kumho Ecsta's will fit. They offer the best aspect ratio and diameter near OEM - 255/65HR16. I think they will fit with minor interference at worst as the clearance reduced between a 9.9 in and 10.2 in tire is only .15 inch. But confirmation would be nice.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just mounted a 255 55 18 Toyo on a 18x8.5 44 offset 10.4 section width...From what I saw was just the slightest rubbing fron and back on turning....(if it was rubbing that's how close it was) I also found to me the tire stuck out aout a 1/2 inch to far, so the wheel that was my first choice, is now one of my last. Next, 18x8's on a 255 55 18 or maybe something different. EE

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just bought 20" wheels the tire size is 245/35/20 That is the largest you can go without messing up your speed. I have pics if anyone can post them for me.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just talked with my dad this morning and he was saying that GM has refused to honor the warranties on autos that have changed out the wheels/tires for non OEM sizes. Just wondering if anyone knows how Honda handles this? I'm hoping they don't decide to take on the attitude of GM since I've already upgraded my tires to 235/70/16.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HERE ARE FEW SITES TO CHECK OUT. SUPERBUYTIRES.COM
WHEELPROS.COM & THE APPLICATION GUIDE ON THESE SITES YOU'LL NEED TO LOOK UP WHEELS FOR A " 199-2003 NISSAN MAXIMA " TO GET THE PROPER APP FOR THE ELEMENT. DON;T GET 19IN WHEELS TIRES ARE PRICY & HARD TO FIND STICK WITH 18'S OR 20'S..ALSO I INSTALLED SWEET CARBON FBER KIT FROM (MIRATRIM.COM) BLUE CARBON FIBER IF PICS ARE POSTED THATS MY RIDE... :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just ordered a set of "American Eagle" (www.aewheel.com) polished
5-spoke rims for my "E". I didn't like the original Honda wheels at all
and the "AE wheels" cost about CDN $ 400 less.

Wolfgang from Saskatoon[/url]

·
Registered
12 Posts
The "AE" wheel is a 5 on 100 mm pattern with a 38 mm offset.
I went with the original size 16 x 7 as the price for larger tires
here in Canada is more or less prohibitive.
The wheel is listed as a "series 192"

Wolfgang

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tirerack.com is a great website and their sales people are all technically literate and are a great source of info as well as having good prices and great service. Not afilliated or anything just a loyal customer.

As far as warranties GM's statement was that they will not honor the warraty on the wheels or tires if the Dealer install and sells them, this is sometimes not always disclosed to the customer that non factory wheels or tires are on the vehicle.

The only time the vehicle warranty wouldnt be honored is if the oversize wheels/tires caused the problem, i.e. wheel bearings, brakes etc. If your a/c broke you would be covered

·
Registered
253 Posts
That's what I bought- American Racing. I don't remember the name of mine, though, but I also kept my original tires. I looked at alot of rims, but most are targeted for rear wheele drive SUV's. Mine were in the "passenger car" section.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm considering buying an EX AWD. I'd like to do a little mild off roading now and then and this vehicle doesn't have much ground clearance. I was wondering what is the largest size tire that can be put on the factory rim without any other modifications.... or any other mods that might give this little truck a bit more ground clearance.........Please don't reply via email. I don't check that email address. I just use it for forum registrations....Thanks!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice ride, good price, fit good but couldn't go any bigger, and wouldn't want to. Get's great comments.

Rims and tires $1500 installed at Allen Tires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
kevinells said:
Nice ride, good price, fit good but couldn't go any bigger, and wouldn't want to. Get's great comments.

Rims and tires $1500 installed at Allen Tires.

The picture of the black E, was that yours. Are those 235/70/16 or did I get that wrong. They look really wide and hot. Did you have the panels painted, looks awesome.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
moonkat said:
I've been tracking this question and the largest tire I have read installed was BFG T/A .... 245/60x18 IIRC at 9.9 in section width.

I too am curious if the Kumho Ecsta's will fit. They offer the best aspect ratio and diameter near OEM - 255/65HR16. I think they will fit with minor interference at worst as the clearance reduced between a 9.9 in and 10.2 in tire is only .15 inch. But confirmation would be nice.
Yeah, I want to get 255/65/16 Toyo Open Country for my winter wheels, but do they fit. That is the question. Who will be the first guniea pig? I think they should fit because the thing I'm worried about is the width, not height. If 255/50/18 fit then they should too.
L.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
SRLNCLT said:
Yeah, I want to get 255/65/16 .... If 255/50/18 fit then they should too.
L.
Check the 18" threads to see what offset they are use. I believe it is less than the 45mm offset of the stock wheels. Also look at the recent thread about fitting 245/70/16 tires (hocus pocus or something like that). There are some good pictures of the fitment issues.

paulj

1 - 20 of 20 Posts