Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it has got colder my tire press light is on all the time, I took it back to the dealer and they put it on the coumpter and told me it had went to sleep and just needed to be woke up. The light staded out for a day untill to day when I went to work and it sat for a day. When I started it up tonight it came on and stayed on , Drove it 15 mile home. Is there a way I can reset it?I intend to take it back to the dealer this week.
Thanks Harley

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to use search Great tool. Found a few threads and I guess you cant reset them. Thanks for the wake up call should have searched before posting.
Harley

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Forgot to use search Great tool. Found a few threads and I guess you cant reset them. Thanks for the wake up call should have searched before posting.
Harley

Nothing to it.

Yours is a slant on the tpms that I have not seen before. Each time someone encounters an unusual condition, it helps to have in our inventory of "Known Troubles".

Be sure to post the Fix for it as well in this thread.

Thanks

Dom

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do,returning to the dealer on tuesday next week. I will post what they have to say.
Harley

·
Registered
158 Posts
I took it back to the dealer and they put it on the coumpter and told me it had went to sleep and just needed to be woke up.
Yours is a slant on the tpms that I have not seen before. Each time someone encounters an unusual condition, it helps to have in our inventory of "Known Troubles".
Log this in the inventory of "Known Troubles" under the heading "Dealership is Full Of S**t"

·
Registered
16 Posts
The first real cold day after I purchased mine it done that. After I drove on it for a bit it went off. I added about a pound of air to each tire the next day while it was on and it went off. Haven't seen it since and I have checked my air pressure and it is consistantly the same.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My wife and I have the same cars. I am going to try putting a pound or two in it.
Harley

·
Registered
16 Posts
just an update on what I did. So far I haven't had the light show back up since I added a pound or two in each tire.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
VERY common issue with the tpms. Cold weather decreases tire pressure, and the warning light comes on. I was in Discount Tire getting a nail puncture repaired on my wife's car on Sat. - no less than three people came in to have their tire's checked 'cause the tpms light was on. First thing out of the service tech's mouth each time was "happens in cold weather - lower's air pressure in your tires. But we will check them and make sure". All three - just need the low air pressure adjusted back to "normal". :razz:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts