1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 09 EX AWD, I have Elements 03.05, now 09
Whats happens if I install wheels and tires without the TPS's
Will I get an alarm , or light or something on my 2009 when the computer
see's no TPS sensors? Just want to know what to do about the Winter Blizzak's tire/wheel set. And last question can I install TPS sensors on any
year Element wheels or are TPS specific to certain year wheels?

·
12,179 Posts
Just bought a 09 EX AWD, I have Elements 03.05, now 09
Whats happens if I install wheels and tires without the TPS's
Will I get an alarm , or light or something on my 2009 when the computer
see's no TPS sensors? Just want to know what to do about the Winter Blizzak's tire/wheel set. And last question can I install TPS sensors on any
year Element wheels or are TPS specific to certain year wheels?

You will have to live with the TPMS light on the dash and you will not be able to disable the VSA.

If you do decide to install sensors on the wheels you will have to make sure they are for a 2009. The sensors for 2007-2008 are a different part number and likely will not work with the 2009.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No TPS, Just Pull VSA Fuse to Disable?

I have been reading many threads
on TPS and VSA. My understanding is that if
wheels without TPS are used the VSA system cannot
be switched off? Correct?
Other threads suggest just pulling the VSA FUSE
when using winter tire set without TPS to disable
the VSA. Will the TMPS system function properly when I re insert the VSA fuse and change back to
wheel/tire set with TPS sensors.
Just got my 09 and looked up where the location of the VSA
fuse. Any advise is appreciated.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Personally, I would not messing around with any safety feature, included VSA, until I read through 2009 Repair Manual, & maybe go through all the VSA related schematic connection in 2009 Electrical Troubleshooting manual, & clearly understand the electrical connection related to the mod. I just don't trust other people's advised on the modification of car's safety feature, unless I clearly understand the consequence of safety related mod.

But again, that just my $0.02.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I thought there was a thread about this already discussed in depth. I thought it was federal law to disable the system (don't know if pulling the fuse is considered disabiling), however you could still pass inspection even with the warning light on. I swapped all my wheels around when I got my Rotas (my OEMs to the wife's CRV and her OEMs to a corner in the garage!) We both have the TPMS light on but neither of us mind. I think at some point I will try to get sensors for the new wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts