Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon! I am trying to find some simple clarification on possible tire sizes for my stock 16 x 6 1/2“ 2006 Element rims. I’ve read a ton of threads on his forearm and I’m still very confused. Some people have stated that 235/70/16 work without any rubbing. Well, I found a set of those and then noticed that written right on the side wall it says, DO NOT mount on 6 1/2 inch rims.
My research on maximum tire size for my stock rim indicates the OE tire size ( 215/70/16)
People have also stated that a particular size tire does not rub, while others say the same size tire rubs. I guess there might be slight variations in the actual size of tires with the same numbers. Due to tread type!??
I completely understand tread width aspect ratio and diameter. So...
Are 235/70/16 possible but not recommended? Are they safe? If they install these size tires against recommendation, does it void the warranty?

Is a 225 width also possible but not recommended for some reason?

if somebody could provide a list of tire sizes for my stock rims I would be very grateful!!

I know this is an old subject and people are tired of seeing it so, thank you!

BTW. Here is a picture of my stock rims that are restored with a two-tone gloss black and gunmetal silver.

1605968609350.jpeg

·
Registered
2005 ex 2wd 5mt 2005 ex 4wd 5mt
1 Posts
I understand mine weren't on 16s , but I had 255 45 r20 once upon a time. I was worried about cutting my tire off on a turn some where, but I ran those tire down and sold them for the rims.

I definitely when through more axels then expected, think I own 3 lifetime axels....no receipts smh.
In terms of rubbing, only slight. The inner fenders did have small cuts on the back side of the fronts where the standing seam is hidden.

All and all I loved the stance, I called it my Tonka truck lol.

Maybe my old setup can help in term of max fill of well

btw love the resto on the rims, looks great!
IMG-20110526-00035_2.jpg
element 20s.jpg
20201121_163832.jpg

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,212 Posts
I have had excellent results with 225/75R16's. I have an '03 EX with stock aluminum wheels and stock suspension. No spacers. Check out this thread:

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,212 Posts
Good afternoon! I am trying to find some simple clarification on possible tire sizes for my stock 16 x 6 1/2“ 2006 Element rims. I’ve read a ton of threads on his forearm and I’m still very confused. Some people have stated that 235/70/16 work without any rubbing. Well, I found a set of those and then noticed that written right on the side wall it says, DO NOT mount on 6 1/2 inch rims.
My research on maximum tire size for my stock rim indicates the OE tire size ( 215/70/16)
People have also stated that a particular size tire does not rub, while others say the same size tire rubs. I guess there might be slight variations in the actual size of tires with the same numbers. Due to tread type!??
I completely understand tread width aspect ratio and diameter. So...
Are 235/70/16 possible but not recommended? Are they safe? If they install these size tires against recommendation, does it void the warranty?

Is a 225 width also possible but not recommended for some reason?

if somebody could provide a list of tire sizes for my stock rims I would be very grateful!!

I know this is an old subject and people are tired of seeing it so, thank you!

BTW. Here is a picture of my stock rims that are restored with a two-tone gloss black and gunmetal silver.

View attachment 206192 View attachment 206192
BTW, nice work on your wheels! They look absolutely great! :)

I didn't even recognize them as stock Element wheels at first; I was sure they were something expensive from the aftermarket!

I never really liked those wheels in their stock colors, but what you did is awesome! What a transformation!

Great idea! :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
You might want to look at 225/65r16's. According to BFG, they are very similar in Revs per mile (important) LLC (Very important) and they fit stock rims perfectly. 235/60r16 is the next working size bigger, but they should be on 7.0-7.5" rims, plus they might rub.....

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 9.28.21 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 9.29.30 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 9.28.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 9.29.30 AM.png

1 - 7 of 7 Posts