Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Element EX
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I’ve done some research on here and can’t find the exact answer, so I am hoping someone will have it!

I am getting some new wheels/tires put on tomorrow. Open Country AT III, I am debating between 225/65/R17 or 245/65R17. I am going for the off-road overland look. I know the 225’s will fit just fine but do you think I will have rubbing issues with the 245’s or they will just look too big and goofy? I don’t plan on doing a lift. Your answers and time is much appreciated!

Also, I recently got an alignment done but after the new tires/wheels do you think I should get another done?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello I have the open country 225 on my element. I think they are great, not as quiet as all season tires but are very quiet at 55 mph and above. The look is great. I don't know about the 245, I think it would look better however it may run. Have them install one tire on and see if it fits. Also you will get about and inch lift with the open country so that's a bonus. I also lifted mine 2 inch all around. It makes a difference . No issue with alignment. Let me know if 245 fit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just put some 235/70-16 GENERAL GRABBER AT2 70R R16 TIRES 10320 on today and they fit perfect with zero rubbing on stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
you might need a 5mm spacer for the 245

·
Registered
2008 Honda Element EX
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ended up going with the 225's, the 245's wouldve been too big and didnt fit that great. Very happy with how it came out. I plastidipped the grill and emblems this weekend.

IMG_8132.jpg

·
Registered
2008 Honda Element EX
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!! KMC Bully 17" and Toyo Open Country AT III 225/65/R17 The roof rack I bought off of ebay, I dont think there was a specific brand. The other rack I actually had sitting in my garage for a while, I pulled it off of a 4runner in a salvage yard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts