Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 fwd tires slip when accelerating on wet roads. Delta tires with good tread. Is this a problem with Element overall or just my tires?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
How old are these Delta tires? Tires get hard as they age and cheap tires tend to get harder faster.

Oh, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
My 2010 fwd tires slip when accelerating on wet roads. Delta tires with good tread. Is this a problem with Element overall or just my tires?
After looking up your Delta tires, it sounds more like lower end tires combined with a heavy foot on the gas pedal. My guess is that you're not used to the extra low end torque on an Element.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Cheap tires + wet roads + lead foot = spinning tires

Get better tires, drier roads or a lighter foot and you're golden.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i was having the same problem. Could get downright dangerous at times. Had the car walking sideways leaving a stop light.

Checked the manufacture date on the Cooper tires and found they were over 8 years old. Tons of tread left but as already mentioned rubber gets hard with age and looses grip.

A new set of Hankooks and all is better.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Every Element I've had the pleasure to try (all automatic trans.) could spin the front wheels if you tromped on the gas. Good tires or bad, the issue is still to not tromp on the gas pedal. I've got a feeling that many of the complainers are the ones that like being first out of the gate at the traffic lights. Old tires ~could~ be at fault but the Element just isn't a muscle car.

My Yokohama Geolanders are eight years old, nearly 50,000 miles, and they still have excellent traction, summer and winter. I'm starting to think that those crummy Honda wheels are gonna corrode away before the rubber does.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts