Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For this type of car. I have only had my E a little less than a month and the driver's seat is already stained from a pair of jeans. You can see the blue staining on the side bolster here, this is after scrubbing and cleaning it. It was a lot darker before. Just something us 09+ owners will just have to live with.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I wear jean everyday. I do mean everyday, since I don't wear any other type of pants or any shorts at all.
Never have any jean blue stain on my Titanium interior for 1+ year & 20k miles with my E.
Even you have a darker color interior, your jean will still stain, & if you look carefully, it still will show. It may not as visible as lighter color interior, but it still is there.
Personally, I always wash any dark cotton cloth with warm water at least once before wearing it, specially jean, just to ensure it does not stain.
I also try to vacuum it 1st if I have any stain on the seat, before I try to use any water for any stain. I was amazed how much simple vacuum clean up some stain w/o any water on our FXC fabric seats.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I wonder why they got rid of the darker/black interiors (except for the SC...) :?
For the same reason they got rid of Galapagos Green, Midnight Red Pearl and Root Beer Metallic and don't advertise the Element --- terminal stupidity.

·
Registered
87 Posts
really find the quality of the 09+ sc seats to be of horrid quality..I have a dark grey color and it is already beginning to fade

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
really find the quality of the 09+ sc seats to be of horrid quality..I have a dark grey color and it is already beginning to fade
Are they truly water resistant as well? Water does seem to bead up on them like I would expect. I'm am not a fan of the pattern that was chosen. I really like the seats my dad has in is 06.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I was a little worried about mine being too light too, but after over 10,000 miles, they still look like new and I've had some dirty dogs climbing over them too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Seat Covers Might Help...

I noticed my brand new Element Titanium seats had a stain the day after I bought my E (a few weeks ago). I didn't notice it when I bought it because I took delivery after dark.

The EX front & rear seats are warrantied against stains (LX only have warranty on front seats). Honda's brochure calls them "water- and stain-resistant seat fabric (LX front, EX all)" or "Water-Resistant FXC (Fabric for Extreme Conditions)". My dealer says they are going to clean my stain.

I'm not a big fan of seat covers, but I saw a nice set and figured I give them a try. I ordered the Cal Trend NeoSupreme Seat Covers. They are custom made to order and are supposed to be high quality seat covers. They are even custom made to work with newer E side-air bags. Check out CalTrend's website. I ordered mine (front & rear) from Here.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Seat covers look good, but when I followed the link to Auto Anything, I got "This product is not available for the 2010 Honda Element (Change Vehicle) at this time. "

Are you sure you ordered them for a 2010 from that website? Out of curiosity, what did they cost?

·
Registered
10 Posts
2010 seats are identical to 2009...

I should've mentioned that most sites haven't updated their information to reflect 2010 models yet. The 2010 E seats are identical to the 2009. Try the 2009 drop-down to see pricing.

I paid a $189.16 premium, which includes a 12% discount, for the front seats and the same (again) for the back. This was the best price I could find on a reputable site.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I should've mentioned that most sites haven't updated their information to reflect 2010 models yet. The 2010 E seats are identical to the 2009. Try the 2009 drop-down to see pricing.

I paid a $189.16 premium, which includes a 12% discount, for the front seats and the same (again) for the back. This was the best price I could find on a reputable site.
Looking forward to seeing the pics of those seat covers installed if you don't mind...! Ooo... Is this your FIRST "mod"...? LOL!!!

LBD

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I wear jean everyday. I do mean everyday, since I don't wear any other type of pants or any shorts at all.
Never have any jean blue stain on my Titanium interior for 1+ year & 20k miles with my E.
Even you have a darker color interior, your jean will still stain, & if you look carefully, it still will show. It may not as visible as lighter color interior, but it still is there.
Personally, I always wash any dark cotton cloth with warm water at least once before wearing it, specially jean, just to ensure it does not stain.
I also try to vacuum it 1st if I have any stain on the seat, before I try to use any water for any stain. I was amazed how much simple vacuum clean up some stain w/o any water on our FXC fabric seats.
I totally agree !!!!!!!!!

RUBY

·
Registered
10 Posts
not my 1st mod

Looking forward to seeing the pics of those seat covers installed if you don't mind...! Ooo... Is this your FIRST "mod"...? LOL!!!

LBD
My 1st mod was all new speakers, including dash tweeters. next up side molding & door visors. Then professional tinting (legal), then seat covers (when they finally arrive). I'll post photos, hopefully sooner than later.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Perhaps this i Hondas answer the cracking seats the previous gen. E's are facing.... My E drivers seat just started cracking this week :x and im 160lbs! C'mon honda.... although it's first owner ( of 60k miles) could have been 300lb for all I know... Too bad OEM Seat cover for just the bottom is $68 eek.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For this type of car. I have only had my E a little less than a month and the driver's seat is already stained from a pair of jeans. You can see the blue staining on the side bolster here, this is after scrubbing and cleaning it. It was a lot darker before. Just something us 09+ owners will just have to live with.

HONDA should have used 100% "BLACK" on everything on the inside, the light color is something they will need to ditch when they make the 2nd generation E.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I love our Es a 06 and a 08. IMO almost a perfect car except for the front seats. The seams on the 06 split at about 20k miles, was repaired by Honda at no charge. The driver seat on my wifes 08 are really starting to show ALOT of wear from getting in and out of it. She is only about 110lbs and it really shouldnt be showing that kind of wear. If I was to buy another car, yes it would be another Element

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah... that photo looks exactly like my seat. Had the indigo from my jeans show up on the seat after about 1 month. Just figure that I'll have to live with it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts