Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
NICE!! post up materials needed, and +1 for night pics!

I've been on the fence about his for awhile...but this is starting to seem more like a need to have instead of a want to have...

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
That turned out really good.

+1 on night pics, materials, install write up. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im not going to lie this wasn't a very easy mod to do.be prepared for some work and patience.the hardest part is the aiming.making sure they are spaced apart good,and level.The bi-xenon is a must have for the Element.I know alotta guys do just the single.And it would suck with just low beams.The high beams on the tl projectors are amazing. Parts list: Tl projectors

ZkW lenses from BMW or replicas

relay harness for ballasts make or buy them.

Ballasts

hid d2s bulbs

8 bolts and nuts i used lock nuts

high grade silicone for sealing headlight or use nissan headlight sealer from dealer.

jb weld for bolt threads and attaching shroud.

I would recommend going to www.theretrofitsource.com and join the forum and do alot of research before doing this to your headlights.It is very easy to screw this up. The parts are going to be expensive if you want good stuff thats gonna last.

Tl projectors 175-210.00

shrouds 20-70.00

lenses 50-100.00 Highly recommend these lenses!!

bulbs 40-80.00 for good ones

ballasts 40-100.00

wiring,relays,paint,misc. 30-50.00

As you can see it's also easy to wrap some money in this project.I bought mine here and there over the months.And did research.There is no sense in spending a bunch of money on high quality parts and doing a crappy job.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
nice work.
and i know it ain't easy!

my hesitation in going to HIDs has been what i perceive to be a lack of daytime headlight flash capability, since it takes a while for the HIDs to "warm up". i'm much more likely to flash my headlights during the day than to use high beams at night.
does your setup get around this issue somehow?

for me to go to HIDs, i'd have to throw in a couple extra relays/whatever so that if the headlights were already on, the "flash to pass" would engage the high beams, but if the headlights were not already on, then "flash to pass" would trigger other lights, like maybe some critically placed high power LEDs, did someone say "strobe"?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't say I use the headlights much during the day.As far as the high beams go at night they work very well.And are more than enough to get oncoming traffics attention.Guess you could keep them on in the day.
The Hids are a nice upgrade for the Element.I did mine mainly because I have eye problems at night so It was more of a safety issue than anything. I tryed putting hids in the halogen headlights and they performed horribly and only pissed people off.So I would stay away from those plug and play kits.The quality of them are poor to so it's a waste of money I think.Unless you use the kit in the projectors to get by until you can afford good ones.Valid point on using them in the day time.They do take a little time to warm up.I wont argue that.

·
Registered
205 Posts
What a great mod...sigh.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts