Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all!

I currently drive an '05 Jeep Liberty and am VERY interested in the 09 Element. I have an appointment at the dealership on Wednesday to discuss the Element, options, trade-in, and pricing.

I am looking to buy the 4WD EX and am wondering what other Albertans have paid for theirs.

Thanks muchly!!!

Cheers!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks galor_12.

I had taken a look at that one and was just looking for more info. I absolutely HATE going to the dealership, plus, I always feel as though I'm getting ripped off or taken advantage of because I'm a chic. (Not saying all dealers, mechanics, etc, take advantage of women, but it has happened)

·
Registered
180 Posts
so what happened last time at the dealership you've mentioned (wednesday), did they offer you something? i know honda AB has their promo on all vehicles.

used ones do vary in price compared to new ones, and i think you have more wiggle room haggling wise with the used ones.

you may try also going to Kelly's blue book or www.vmrcanada.com to get pricing ideas.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, my appointment is Wednesday, September 30, so I have no idea yet.

I am interested in the EX 4WD, and although I love the 09s, I would consider an 08 if it is a better deal. So far, some of the Internet quotes I have received have quoted me 27-28k for an 08. (not including GST).

I am in no rush (I would like it before the snow comes though) so, I have some time to do some more research and look around for the best possible deal. I would love to pay 30k (GST, freight, etc) and walk out the door. Is that unreasonable?

Thanks!

·
Registered
180 Posts
with that budget, you can go for it. you can definitely either still try to haggle a good, lower price or let them throw in some good accessories in there. it's not that bad considering you're getting an AWD.
i guess you've tried all of the dealerships here in the area. i've heard some good reviews about T&T but i can't confirm it though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright Galor_12 - this is the scoop...

Went to a dealership yesterday and took the E for a test drive, crunched some numbers, etc...They looked at the Jeep for trade and we did the numbers with and without the trade. (I will sell it privately if they don't give me what I want for it)

LOVE the E! Compared to my Jeep it is a nicer, smoother, quieter ride!

This is what the dealer put on the table....34,569. This doesn't include much. Is it normal for them to charge you for the block heater, and he checked off another box, I don't remember what it was. Also, a remote starter for 700. He mentioned that Honda is offering 2000 towards accessories, trade, 2k off selling price, or a 5.9% financing rate. Also, they offered 9 something for the trade. I feel as though I can get it cheaper than that - especially with honda offering 2k off the selling price.

I do have a couple people looking at the Jeep, so we will see what happens there.

Is it best to get the starter from the dealership or is it just as good/cheaper to buy one at Visions or wherever and get it installed?

Sorry about the 20 questions....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If anybody else wants to add their 0.02, please do!

I appreciate all the advice I can get!

Cheers!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just to let you know my experience with pricing here in Calgary. Last March Village Honda had two 08 , auto, AWD, black, Elements. At the time they had a used 2006 with 34kms that I was looking at for my wife. In making my deal I had them price out the 2008 for comparison. I could have got a 2008 for just over $26,000, including GST. I fianally did buy the 2006 Blue and Silver Element for my wife, which she loves!

·
Registered
180 Posts
price...

i'm just assuming and thinking aloud in here (so feel free to comment!)
- assuming the base price of the 09 AWD is 29-31k (?)
- all the add ons (CCPP, block heater, tire tax, freight, GST etc.) can add up to 2-3k.

from the looks of it, it all adds up. :confused: that is, if you're looking for a brand new.

if you're considering the 08's, i guess you can get a much, much lower price as capt was describing in his reply.

i know you're better off selling the jeep privately. had my E priced for a trade in at 2 dealerships(sshh, someone here might hear), basically they turned out the same, probably using kelley's. then they jack the price up to 5-7k when they sell it. in short, they make their money on trade-ins especially domestics, they can get them very low...

you can do away with the remote start and have it installed later on. i had mine done at visions cheaper than that and i know you can have it done at other shops for half the price of what they're offering.

other than that, on't forget to include that 2k! you can go either into accessories (if youre' into it), or have the 2k off from the price.

good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got my E yesterday. I opted for an 07 EX in nighthawk black pearl.

Super happy with it, and I got a great deal. It was priced at 26,900. I got them down to 23,500, with a remote starter, and free oil changes for life.

Thanks for all of your help.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Whoa!

wow! congratulations!!! welcome to the club!!!! :D

that is one sweet deal you got in there!

nice to see another black-E roaming the streets here...:)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Congrats neighbour. You got a good deal I think. And how in the world did you get free oil changes for life? That's such a bonus!

·
Registered
4 Posts
crap....

this is a late response but i'm glad you went with the 06 instead of brand new.....

i talked to a friend of mine who is a salesman hear in edmonton for honda and he told they were really giving you a deal at all for the 09 one.

with the current market you should be able to get a better deal then normal.

looking at the 06 you picked up that was a good deal. way to go!

i know what you mean by women sometimes being taken advantage of because they are women. it makes no sense to me why it happens. i honestly wish it would stop. but it won't.

congrats and have fun with your new element.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys.

I picked her up yesterday! Traffic this morning was worse than ususal so I sat in her for 2 hours on the deerfoot and played with everything!

I am beyond happy with my purchase. Thanks to you all for helping me out!

Cheers!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome to the club Dani

Nice work! I'm sure you'll be nothing but happy with your new wheels. Second hand is definitely the route to go for a deal. I'm so happy with my '05 and can't wait for another summer in the mountains. Hope to see you out there!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts