Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to head off on a last minute and not so exciting trip (death of a family member). Its about 1500 miles round trip. Of course I change my oil, check fluids and the like. But do any of you current E owners do anything special, maintanence wise, before taking off on a long haul?

I'll have three passengers as well, so I can't take my seats out :(

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Air pressure!! 40psi!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My tires are not stock, they're 235/70/16's. I'll need to check to see what they say. Though it was something that had slipped my mind being such a last minute trip. Thanks! That's why EOC is SWEET!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
They should be able to handle 40psi. But don't take my word for it. They probably say 45lb max or something like that. My tires are 17" but wide and I run them about 40psi.

·
Registered
874 Posts
pillows and pillows for arm rest both sides(door&center) pass might want some also,they dont need to be real big,I tuck one in the door arm rest so It dont come out.I add one to the center console also. two small throws inscase somebldy is cold ,beter to warm the cold one than to heat the hot ones. check your mpg. I tried cycling the AC BUTTON GOING UP HILLS,climbs better,gets better mpg.(kinda hard to do with big hills or mountians unless it's cool out,FL dosent have very big hills.it does keep it from going into passing gear on cruse. good luck. wish the trip was a fun one.my condoleances.( I hope nobody's a spellen teacher)

·
Registered
174 Posts
fill up the I-pass,
get yourself a center armrest/cooler/heater I picked up one by black and decker. It fits real nice and it plugs into the power outlet and keeps things nice and cool for long drives. In this weather I make sure my a/c condenser is bug free, and give the outside a good wash, helps with fuel mileage slightly. I also always bring glass cleaner, seems like I always get something on the windows right in my line of sight.

Which direction are you heading ?
chris

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
One thing I always do is look closely at all surfaces of my tires. The last trip I went on I checked my tires and found 2 nails in one back tire and 3 in the other rear tire. :-( Neither one was loosing air so there was no real indication of any problem. Safe travel and sorry for your loss.

Drew.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts