Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I have a 2005 EX. I absolutely love it and have always said I would drive it 'til the doors fell off. Well, I'm getting the new car bug and obviously want to stay with the E, but don't feel the 2009 is enough of a difference to warrant buying new. I'm considering upgrading to a 2007 AWD since that is the model that they changed the front grill and the interior seats just a fraction. I also want to get away from the plastic panels that I currently have on the 2005.

So I'm wondering, and I am sure it will all come down to dollars, it is worth upgrading to a newer model and getting a few less miles and a sunroof and AWD for whatever the difference is between the trade in value and the cost of the new E? I would think that if I can get it for 2-3k more than what I have now it would be worth upgrading.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
If you stick with an automatic (pun intended thank you), the 5AT is worth the upgrade on it's own.:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I have is currently automatic so the only difference would be the color, seats, grill, AWD and hopefully sunroof if I can find it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think he/she meant that after 05, the EX AT moved from a 4-speed to a 5-speed transmission. This leads to a decrease in RPMs in upper gears and better gas mileage... I too have an 05, and wish I had opted for an 06 due to the 4-speed... And also wish I had held out for a Kiwi :(

What I have is currently automatic so the only difference would be the color, seats, grill, AWD and hopefully sunroof if I can find it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No Sh*t?!?!? I had no idea! Wow, that is a big difference. How did I not know that?

Thanks for clearing that up.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I believe what Brawsie meant is the newer models have 5 gears in the automatic which brings in better gas mileage compared to older models that only have 4 gears.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Why am I the only one who understands what I'm saying?:lol:

Thanks for the help Snuff and Kodi.

·
Registered
428 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I had an 04 before I got my 07 and I must say the changes were dramatic. The 5spd auto instead of the 4 spd auto, much easier to speedo and tach., and I prefer the new style seats with the integrated seat belts, and like you I like the look of the painted panels better. Plus there is an additional 10hp as well. Drew:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not sure where you are located but I had no luck finding an 07 or 08 which is what I really wanted, I just came home yesterday with an 09 and I must say I do love her. The dash ROCKS. LOL

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts