Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Totaled my 2006 Element... :-(

However, found an excellent condition, clean 2008 EX 2WD AT.
They want $16,200, but there is 46,000 miles on it. This is NOT a pre-certified vehicle and I assume the factory warranty is gone.

My other option is to go new, for $7000 more...

I drive around 7500 miles/year.

Anybody have any reservations? That is a lot of miles for a 2 year old car! Anything I should look for or ask about in particular?

Thanks all

·
Registered
575 Posts
I feel like I drive a lot and I just rolled over 20k on my 08. If your comfortable with it and can get a deal, I don't see anything wrong with it though. Hopefully they have service records for oil changes and a carfax etc.

I would definetly try to get them down on the price due to the mileage though. They probably didn't pay 19k new for a 2wd 08. I think I paid like 19.5k +ttl for my 4wd 08 new. Think about what the dealer would tell you if you tried to trade in an 08 with that many miles. They would knock the trade in through the floor. .02

·
Registered
62 Posts
check www.cars.com they will give you a good perspective on prices with mileage from dealers and private sellers.

Its where I got my 2004 e

·
Registered
524 Posts
mines creeping up on 50k

The factory would be gone. is this a Honda Dealer where they could certify it?

you can check out trade-in values on kbb.com and assume they got it for that or maybe a grand less if the used car manager's worth his salt. and start there with it.

your 7500 will even out the mileage eventually and probably by the time you trade it in you'll be at average mileage.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I thought the power-train warranty was 60k.

You should negotiate it down - I got my 2008 LX with 51K for $15.5K with Honda Certified Warranty. Aside from the well-publicized brakes, there are not that many problems with the E.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have 60k on mine and it is driven a little hard:) so i wouldnt even think twice about the mileage. I have had no problems with it at all.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
God I can't wait for my lease to be up. 22 months and counting!
Becouse you hate your E and want to get rid of it or just pay it off and own it.:grin: Like your thinking on planes..
As for the milage you should be able to knock it down a bit as they only give 15000 per year and anything after that they knock it to the ground so doesn't hurt to lowball them also.

·
Registered
138 Posts
With that many miles, it's likely they were mostly highway. And considering you drive it very little, it should last you a long time. It's probably perfect for you. Just make sure you get it for the right price.

·
Chief Has Been Element Owner
4,759 Posts
Agreed. When I saw the 46K noted by the OP I chuckled a little cause I dont consider that much at all. Then again I commute almost 600 miles a week so I am skewed.

If its a good price and you really will drive it so little, its probably a great deal.

With that many miles, it's likely they were mostly highway. And considering you drive it very little, it should last you a long time. It's probably perfect for you. Just make sure you get it for the right price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts