Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay....so today was a picture perfect day here in St. Louis.....so after I met my husband for lunch I decided to go pay for out te really good car wash at Waterway. I see now what everyone was talking about how water comes from everywhere....even though they towel dried it.

So when I get home I go get a nice, soft, clean white terry towel to try to get off some of the water spots....and then I see what I think is a water spot on the Driver's Side door....turns out that they chipped my paint on my door. I am horrified! I had to go back to the car wash, fill out a claim/accident form, now I have to go get two quotes....UGH!!!

And to top it all off the manager and I walked the entire exterior and it turns out that they also scuffed my passenger side door with something that was white, because there is a large white scuff mark by the passenger side window.

I am so very aggrivated!!!!! This car was is not your average car wash....when my E was being detailed it was next to a BMW, Lexes, Land Rover, and Infinity....I expected so much better....I vow here and now to only wash my E at home.

Diane :(

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wow! I really feel for you. I hope they take care of it. I feel sick and it's not even my car! :( The first blemish is the worst. They suck!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Penguin - Hope you can get some compensation for that. That really stinks and hurts.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Penguin: Yiikes. That is a bad deal. I wonder what a car wash could have done to actually chip the paint, unless they opened another car do on it or something. Some of these "state of the art" car washes are supposed to be fault free. Really too bad.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry about the damage to your wonderful new Element. Seems like the average IQ cannot be underestimated, and some doofus obvioiusly was no exception to that rule.

You might take solace in the fact it could be even worse. My 79 year-old mom's '83 Mercedes 380 got stolen at the car wash this week. It was in wonderful shape with just over 180,000 miles. The thief, who worked at the car wash, drove away at a high rate of speed and made it about 200 feet before he creamed four other cars!!! Mom's car was totaled. Her insurance will pay high book, but it's like losing a family member. (Maybe worse, in a dysfunctional case.)

The only way it could be worse would be if it happened to me.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The "jerk"/car wash manager....finally got back to after 3 weeks....8 phone messages (left by me)....I finally threatened to get my attorney involved and low and behold he called me back! UGH! He called me at work....gave me a big ole run around.....finally agreed to look at the damage done to my E....but told me on the phone that there was nothing at his car wash that could have done this to my car.....I asked him to put this in writing so that when I stopped by for him to look at the damage I could pick it up.

Well I stopped by today and low and behold he offered to pay for the damage....hummmmm.....I guess he decided not to write me off as some dumb housewife girlie.....so he told me to get two estimates and we would go from there.

Well I only had time to get one estimate today and to my shock it is for over $500 to fix this chip of paint missing from my driver's door!!!!

I don't know if he realizes that it is going to be this expensive...oh well!

Oh the guy at the Honda collision center was totally checking out the E....he was opening doors and checking out the interior,....he said "Wow...I hadn't seen one of these yet! It looks a lot better in person than in the pictures!"

·
Registered
352 Posts
Way to stand your ground, penguin!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
That is disgusting, i know i would have gone "postal" on them.. that would have made me insane. I was simply disappointed with my local "posh" car wash they tow dry, and do the whole TLC and detailing, but they did a crappy job, of course i did not come out with damage.. I wish you luck on that ordeal.. and I know I won't be going back for a car wash again at my local place, and I think you will likely do the same.. we are all rooting for ya!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts